Chase is targeting some Marriott Bonvoy Boundless cardholders with an offer to earn an elite night credit for every $3,000 you spend on the card by September 30.
- Earn 1 elite night credit for every $3,000 spent on the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless credit card.
- Direct link to registration.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must enroll by 09/30/21 11:59 P.M E.T.
- You will earn 1 Elite Night Credit for each $3,000 spent in combined qualifying purchases, from 07/01/2021 to 09/30/2021.
- Only purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the transaction date beyond the offer period. Please allow up to 8 weeks for Elite Night Credits to post to your Marriott Bonvoy account. (“Purchases” do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.)
- To qualify for this bonus offer, your credit card account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- These Elite Night Credits are in addition to the 15 Elite Night Credits benefit that comes with your card and do not count towards the per-account maximum on that benefit.
The Bonvoy Boundless card isn’t the most rewarding card to put a ton of spend on seeing as its only standard bonus category is 6x for Marriott stays, with it earning 2x everywhere else.
However, there are some circumstances where this might make sense to some extent. For example, thanks to Marriott offering members a bunch of elite night credits towards status this year, many people were only a few nights away from requalifying for Platinum or Titanium status. A mattress run might’ve been worth it to lock in that status for another year, so being able to spend $3,000 for each additional elite night credit could be a better option as it means you’re also earning points for those elite nights rather than burning them.
Then there are the opportunities to earn bonus points on every $3,000 of spend. I mentioned that the only standard bonus category is 6x for Marriott, but there are some non-standard bonuses right now too. For example, recent Bonvoy Boundless applicants can earn 10x points on the first $2,500 of spend at gas stations, restaurants and grocery stores in the first six months.
There are also several targeted spending offers on Chase co-branded cards right now which includes the various flavors of Marriott cards. The Boundless offer is 10x at Marriott properties and 5x on travel and gas purchases up to $1,500. If you were to spend $1,500 at the 5x level (perhaps by buying gift cards at gas stations) and another $1,500 for the elite night, you’d be earning an average of 3.5 Bonvoy points per dollar which is certainly better than the standard 2x. If any of that $3,000 spend was done at Marriott properties, your earning ratio would be even better.
This elite night credit promotion appears to be targeted. I have a Bonvoy Boundless card and when entering my card details, it states that it’s not available on my card account.