|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Iberia is offering up to 25% off on Iberia gift cards until May 2, 2021. The terms state that the gift card is valid for one year from the date of purchase. I’d probably pass on this, but if you have a reasonably certain use for Iberia gift cards this could certainly be worth it.
- Iberia is offering discounted gift cards in the following denominations:
- $50 for $45 (10% off)
- $100 for $85 (15% off)
- $300 for $240 (20% off)
- $500 for $375 (25% off)
- Direct link to this promotion
- Sale is valid until 5/2/21
- Gift Cards are valid for one year from the moment of purchase. You must travel by expiry date (not just use them to book)
- You can use them one or more times (until the amount is exhausted) in the purchase of any flight offered on iberia.com operated by Iberia, Iberia Express and Air Nostrum.
The trouble here is uncertainty. As I note at the beginning, the terms of the gift card deal say it is valid for a year from moment of purchase, but the landing page makes it sound like it is only valid in 2021. Either way, the best case scenario is that it is valid for a year from the day you buy it and thus you need to be reasonably sure that you’ll be taking an Iberia flight in that window. Given the current state of affairs, even with Europe signaling that it will open to vaccinated Americans this summer, it seems like a bit of a leap of faith to buy gift cards for travel on one specific airline unless you live in Spain.
However, we don’t often see opportunities to save 25% on airfare, so if you’re able to take advantage here with reasonable certainty of using the gift cards, it could be a very nice deal.
A couple of key notes:
- Some states don’t allow short-term limits on gift card validity. Since these are for sale on the Iberia US site, I’d think that US law would probably apply. That said, I wish you luck in compelling Iberia to honor the gift card beyond expiration and in finding a lawyer willing to pursue them to do so for less that whatever you’ll save here. In other words, I doubt they will honor it longer than a year automatically and it will be a headache if you’re able to get them to do so.
- I don’t know whether you can use more than one gift card at a time on a flight purchase
- These look to be for sale directly by Iberia, so it may be possible to use a credit card that earns a bonus on airfare and/or offers a travel credit.
H/T: GC Galore