Update 8/15/21: This Wyndham promotion was due to end on September 2, but it’s now been extended for stays through September 30, although you have to book by September 28.
Wyndham Rewards has launched a new promo which is being marketed as you earning a free night after staying two nights, but in reality they’re offering 6,500 bonus points for every stay of two or more nights.
- Stay two or more consecutive nights at Wyndham Rewards properties and earn 6,500 bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- To qualify for this Offer, a Wyndham Rewards Member must: (i) first register for the Offer by completing the registration process on wyndhamrewards.com, wyndhamhotels.com or any of the official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, or through the “My Promotions” section of his or her Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamrewards.com or the Wyndham Rewards mobile app, in each case, between June 1, 2021 and September 28, 2021 (the “Promotion Period”); then (ii) after registering but no later than September 28, 2021, book a Qualified Stay of two (2) or more consecutive nights at a Participating Hotel on wyndhamrewards.com, wyndhamhotels.com, any of the official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts mobile app, or via the official toll free reservation number of Wyndham Rewards or any of the participating Hotel Chains, or directly with a Participating Hotel; and (iii) begin such stay no earlier than June 1, 2021 and complete it no later than September 30, 2021 (any stay fulfilling the requirements set forth in the foregoing clauses (i) through (iii), up to a maximum of three (3) such stays, an “Offer Qualifying Stay”).
- Maximum of three (3) Bonuses per Member, regardless of how many stays are completed by a Member during the Promotion Period.
- A no-show does not count as an Offer Qualifying Stay.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Offer Terms, if a Member number is associated with more than one (1) Offer Qualifying Stay with the same check-in and check-out dates (“Same Date Stay(s)”), only the first such Offer Qualifying Stay to be processed by Wyndham Rewards will count toward this Offer (and the additional Same Date Stay(s) will not be deemed Offer Qualifying Stays).
- For clarity, Members must register for the Offer before booking and completing their Qualified Stay(s) in order for any such stay(s) to count toward this Offer, and any stay that has a check-in date prior to June 1, 2021, and/or a check-out date after September 6, 2021, will not be counted towards the Offer.
- Stays at Participating Caesars Entertainment Properties, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals, are not eligible for this Offer.
- Go Fast and Go Free award stays are also not eligible for this Offer.
Wyndham’s most recent promotion offered 1,000, 3,000 or 7,500 bonus points when staying one, two or three or more nights respectively. This new offer is therefore better if you’re booking two night stays, but not as good when booking stays of one night or three or more nights.
Wyndham is marketing this promotion as earning you a free night because the minimum number of points you can earn when staying at one of their properties is 1,000 points. The 6,500 bonus points you’ll earn therefore means you’ll end up with at least 7,500 points which is enough points for a free night at one of their lowest category properties which, incidentally, you likely wouldn’t want to ever stay at seeing as it’ll likely be some kind of $30 per night Howard Johnson.
7,500 points is half the number of points you’d need for a property you might want to stay at – including a 1 bedroom Vacasa property – so the fact that you’d only need to book two stays of two nights to earn enough points for a free night is a fairly generous promotion. However, note that paid Vacasa stays aren’t eligible for this promotion, nor are stays at Caesars properties.
You can earn the 6,500 bonus points up to three times during the promotion period, but note that these can only be earned on separate stays of two or more nights. You therefore can’t earn the maximum 19,500 bonus points by booking a six night stay.