|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards has been running five weeks of deals. Some of them have been better than others and we’re now at week five.
This final week’s promotion is offering discounts of 25%-30% when booking stays of 3+ nights in the Wyndham app, but you can get the same results on desktop when using a promo code.
- Use corporate code 1000050287 to book a Wyndham stay & save the following:
- 3 nights – 25%
- 4+ nights – 30%
- Get up to 30% Off our Best Available Rate (“App Flash Sale”) is available at participating hotels in the United States and Canada for certain stays booked on the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts App between March 31, 2021 and April 2, 2021, and completed by September 30, 2021.
- As more particularly set forth below, a three (3) night stay at a participating hotel booked and completed in accordance with these terms and conditions will be offered at a rate of 25% off of such hotel’s Best Available Rate (as defined below), and a four (4) or more night stay at a participating hotel booked and completed in accordance with these terms and conditions will be offered at a rate of 30% off of such hotel’s Best Available Rate. “Best Available Rate” is defined as the best, non-qualified, unrestricted, publicly available rate on the brand sites for the hotel, date and accommodation requested.
- New bookings only; not applicable to group bookings. Reservations with this rate must be guaranteed with a valid credit card. To search for the Mobile App Flash Sale discount at desired participating hotel, first select the Mobile App Flash Sale tile in the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts App and then the “Book Now” button to begin searching.
- A reservation made for the App Flash sale rate must be canceled at least three (3) days before scheduled check-in date; reservations canceled within the three (3) day period prior to scheduled check-in date, as well as no-shows, will be charged first night plus tax.
This promotion is meant to encourage you to download and use the Wyndham app to book your stay, but there’s no reason to actually do that.
I downloaded the app and clicked the promo link on the home page of the app. That prepopulated the special rates section with the promo code ‘1000050287’. When entering that code in the Corporate Code box on Wyndham’s desktop site, the same results showed up as those offered in the app, with the ‘Mobile App Flash Sale’ rate being listed when clicking through to book a room.
The savings here are somewhat legit. The 25% or 30% (depending on how long you book) is discounted from each hotel’s Best Available Rate. Wyndham usually has other rates available that are cheaper than the Best Available Rate, but the Mobile App Flash Sale rate seems to offer the best savings of all in most cases.
To test this out, I checked on a four night stay in Norfolk VA in May as we’re heading back there for a wedding. When checking on desktop without using the promo code, here are some of the results:
Here are the prices listed for those same properties when using the promo code for the app sale:
As you can see, the Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown price dropped by $28.95 per night, the Days Inn Norfolk Airport by $15.45 per night, the Days Inn Chesapeake didn’t change at all and the Wingate Chesapeake dropped by $26.82 per night. In a couple of those cases, booking a four night stay would result in savings of more than $100 before tax which is a nice little discount. Not that I’d want to stay at the Wyndham Garden Norfolk Downtown; we stayed there a number of years ago back when it was a Crowne Plaza and were fairly disappointed, so I doubt that it moving from IHG to Wyndham since then has improved things.
With regards to the Days Inn Chesapeake, it doesn’t look like that property is participating in this promotion, or at least it isn’t on the dates that I checked. That was the case for one or two other properties, but for the most part there were some very real savings available by using the promo code.
This app sale promotion is valid for stays booked through the end of September, but note that you have to book by April 2 to get this lower pricing. If your stay is before May 28, it’ll stack nicely with Wyndham’s latest promo which is awarding 7,500 bonus points for stays of 3+ nights.
If you pay for the stay with a business Visa card (such as the Wyndham Rewards Earner Business card), be sure to link your card to the Visa SavingsEdge program as it means you’ll also earn 4%-5% back as a statement credit. Depending on the Wyndham brand you’re staying at, you can also earn cashback by clicking through from a portal. For example, TopCashback is currently offering 5% cashback for Days Inn stays. When checking Cashback Monitor, you’ll want to look up the specific brand you’ll be booking to get the best rate because only looking up Wyndham won’t display much, whereas looking at individual Wyndham brands should display a few other options.