|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Avianca LifeMiles is currently offering a 25% bonus when transferring Marriott Bonvoy and IHG Rewards points to them.
- Get a 25% bonus when transferring the following hotel points to Avianca LifeMiles:
- Marriott Bonvoy
- IHG Rewards
- Direct link to offer – Marriott
- Direct link to offer – IHG
- Marriott Terms
- This Promotion is valid only to transfer Marriott Bonvoy ™ points to miles of the LifeMiles program from August 1st, 2021, to September 30th, 2021.
- LifeMiles grants a 25% bonus on the miles accrued on the member´s account, product of a transfer of Marriott Bonvoy ™ points to LifeMiles.
- The maximum miles to be received for the Bonus of 25% more LifeMiles on your Marriott Bonvoy™ points transfer is LM 35,000 (thirty-five thousand) per transaction.
- IHG Terms
- This Promotion is valid only to transfer IHG® Rewards Club points to miles of the LifeMiles program from July 5th,2021, to September 30th, 2021.
- LifeMiles grants a 25% bonus on the miles accrued on the member´s account, product of a transfer of IHG® Rewards Club points to LifeMiles.
- The maximum miles to be received for the Bonus of 25% more LifeMiles on your IHG® Rewards Club points transfer is LM 35,000 (thirty-five thousand) per transaction.
The IHG part of this offer can largely be ignored as it’s a poor ratio. IHG Rewards points normally transfer to LifeMiles on a 10,000:2,000 basis. The 25% transfer bonus means that’s increased to 10,000:2,500 or 4:1. That’s poor value for IHG points and so isn’t worth it unless you have 10,000+ points about to expire and there’s no way you could use them for a stay.
The Marriott transfer bonus makes a little more sense if you transfer in 60,000 point chunks. That’s because Marriott offers 5,000 bonus miles when transferring 60,000 points to airline programs on top of the standard transfer rate.
In the case of LifeMiles, Marriott transfers on a 3:1 basis. If you transfer 60,000 points, you’ll receive 20,000 LifeMiles as standard and 5,000 bonus LifeMiles on the Marriott end for a total of 25,000 LifeMiles. You’ll then get a 25% bonus on the LifeMiles end from this separate promotion which boosts your total to 31,250 LifeMiles.
Considering the value of Marriott Bonvoy points and the fact that you can often buy LifeMiles for ~1.2cpm, exchanging 60,000 Marriott points for 31,250 LifeMiles isn’t an amazing deal despite the transfer bonus. However, it’s not a completely awful deal either, especially if you’d rather not pay cash to buy LifeMiles and would prefer not to use other transferable currencies to them.