|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Royal Air Maroc is offering 40% off your next economy class award ticket booking between December 25, 2019 and January 6, 2020 for travel from January 15, 2020 to March 15, 2020. Royal Air Maroc is not a transfer partner of any major program, and you can’t even buy their miles very practically, so this one will only be useful to those who fly Royal Air Maroc enough to have some of their miles on hand already. Still, I thought it was worth reporting this type of sale for future knowledge since they are scheduled to join oneworld sometime in 2020.
- Royal Air Maroc is offering 40% off your next economy class award ticket purchased online during specific booking and travel dates as shown above and below
- Direct link to this promotion
– Offer available for one-way or round-trip tickets
– Offer available on economy class only
– Book: from 25 December to 6 January 2020 inclusive
– Travel: from 15 January to 15 March 2020 inclusive
– Offer available exclusively to Safar Flyer members, for the first award ticket the traveler has to be the Safar Flyer account holder
– Offer available to all levels of Safar Flyer members
– On condition of flight availability
– Offer available only online at www.royalairmaroc.com through the option “Buy my ticket with reward miles.
– Offer available on all flights except 6th Freedom
– Offer not available for from/to Beijing
– Offer available using a Corporate account; reward cannot be changed or refunded
– Blue Member: reward ticket cannot be changed or refunded
– Silver Member: can be changed with a penalty of 1,000 miles, cannot be refunded
– Gold Member: can be changed once for free, cannot be refunded
– In case of a no-show, the ticket cannot be refunded
– A second change is not allowed
Again, this deal probably isn’t useful to most readers right now since most readers are unlikely to have a large supply of Royal Air Maroc Safar Flyer miles on hand and there isn’t a practical way to get them. While Royal Air Maroc does indeed sell miles, you must already have a balance of 4,000 miles in order to buy, there are low caps per transaction, you are limited to 2-5 purchases per year (based on your status with Royal Air Maroc), and the rules indicate that you should use purchased miles before being allowed to purchase more — so it doesn’t seem like buying miles is a realistic option.
That said, Royal Air Maroc will become a oneworld partner during 2020. While I wouldn’t recommend crediting flights to them without a more complete picture of the program, it will be interesting to see if these discounted award redemptions are a regular fixture.
In this particular case, with the discount only applying to economy class tickets, no easy way to get the miles, and only a few US gateways served by Royal Air Maroc, the sale isn’t terribly useful. However, we’ll have to keep an eye on future such sales with the hopes to see some deals on business class as well.