There is a new Amex Offer out today that we have seen available on some Marriott Amex cards that is good for $50 back when you spend $200 or more at a Marriott property in the US and US territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean. This is targeted on some cards and enrollment is required.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out for Marriott Bonvoy: Spend $200+ at participating properties in the US and US territories and get $50 back (enrollment required)
- This is only valid at properties in the US and US territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
- Excludes gift card purchases
- Not valid for online retail purchases or purchases of Marriott points
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Homes & Villas, Marriott Executive Apartments, Vistana Signature Experiences, Design Hotels, and Protea hotels (none of which are in the qualifying geographic areas)
- Expires 12/31/21
This can obviously be a very nice deal if you have a Marriott stay planned in the next couple of months. You should be able to stack with a shopping portal to stack a bit more savings, just click through a portal on your way to book at Marriott.com (see current rates here).
Alternatively, though the terms exclude gift card purchases, a gift card purchased at the front desk of a participating hotel has historically triggered the offer. The trick is finding a hotel that sells gift cards. Many do not and sometimes even when a hotel does sell gift cards you may find employees unfamiliar with the process. It is worth calling around before you head out to a hotel to make sure that they have gift cards for sale at the desk. A gift card purchased in the hotel gift shop most likely will not work, but one purchased at the front desk has long worked.
Either way, this is a very nice deal as it represents at least 25% back.