Amazon is out with an amazing targeted deal for those with Membership Rewards points: use at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point at checkout and get 50% off. One reader reports getting targeted for a max discount of $75 (update: As shown above, many of us are now targeted for $80 off!) That’s an awesome deal that we’ll definitely put to use.
- Amazon is offering up to 50% off when you use at least 1 American Express Membership Rewards point at checkout. Different people may be targeted for different percentages and/or amounts, but some amounts we have seen include:
- Max discount of $80 off of $160 (50%)
- Max discount of $60 off of $120 (50%)
- Max discount of $75 off of $150 (50%)
- Max discount of $15 off $100 (15%)
- Max discount of $30 off $100 (30%)
- Direct link to see if you are targeted (our affiliate link)
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59pm PT on 12/31/2021, or (b) the time at which 29,666 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently with offer.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $60 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than the maximum discount availed.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- Promotional credit is applied before taxes and fees.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
These offers are targeted, so some people will see a lesser offer or possibly no offer at all. I’m not aware of any rhyme or reason as to why some people get targeted or why they get targeted for higher or lower offers, but it only takes a second to click through and see if you are targeted.
If you are targeted for 50% off with a max discount of $60 or $75, that is an amazing deal, particularly since it should be entirely stackable with holiday sales (assuming the promo doesn’t end early — and it certainly may). Getting $60 off of $120 or $75 off of $150 is pretty incredible.
Just keep in mind that you only want to use one Membership Rewards point, otherwise you get terrible value for your points. Also remember that these pay-with-points discounts do not apply on the purchase of Amazon gift cards and only work on items shipped & sold by Amazon. They should work on most third-party gift cards. For example, I tested on a $100 Safeway gift card and using at least one point discounted the card to $50 as expected. Here is a link to gift cards at Amazon (our affiliate link), just remember that it won’t work with Amazon gift cards.