The Point Debit Card is back with a new 5-day streak offer: get 3,000 points (worth $30) back when you use your Point Debit Card 5 days in a row and spend a cumulative $200 or more. That’s a great deal on a debit card.
- The Point Debit Card is offering a 5-day streak: use your Point Debit Card for 5 consecutive days between now and September 12th and get 3,000 bonus points (worth $30) if you spend a cumulative $200 or more
If you are new to the Point Debit Card
- If you’re new to the Point debit card and want to sign up, feel free to use one of our links with our thanks (note that there is currently a deal to get 10,000 points – worth $100 – after spending $1,000 in the first 30 days. Update: The annual fee has increased to $99 and is not waived for the first year. That makes now a relatively poor time to sign up.
- Must use the card 5 days in a row by September October 3rd
- Must spend a cumulative $200 or more
The hits just keep on coming on the Point Debit Card. They have run streaks the past several months and have consistently had excellent payouts at places like Amazon, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Best Buy, and Whole Foods (all currently 5x / 5% back subject to different limits).
I have read some reports of people sometimes not getting points for things like Amazon gift card balance reloads (rather than gift card purchases) or points not posting on the same day as the transaction. Personally, I haven’t had any issues. I got my streak reward last time, though I’ll note that GrubHub gift cards via Fluz had worked for me on the June/July streak but did not earn rewards for the August streak (I ended up making several small payments to an insurance bill). I also got the full $50 in points for $500 in purchases on Prime Day (and stacked it with the Amazon offer for $70 off a future purchase with $600 in spend via the app).
For this Point Debit Card streak, my wife and I will be sure to spend for the next 4 days making small purchases (likely on the same insurance bill) and then we’ll likely each make a payment toward an insurance bill on Day 5 and hope to end up with $60 in our pockets that we didn’t expect (for the purists out there, I guess that’ll be more like $50 that we didn’t expect since we could have gotten 2.625% back with our Premium Rewards card with Platinum Honors). Still, fifty bucks from a debit card that’s already given us far more than fifty bucks is a win in my book.
I’m glad to see Point back with a streak and hope they keep this streak alive. There is no way they can keep up these kinds of promotions forever, but I’ll take them while they’re giving them up. Keep in mind my advice from previous posts: points are currently worth $0.01 each, but they could always change that so I recommend cashing out points sooner rather than later just in case.
- Spend for 5 consecutive days ($200 or more total) between 9/12 and 9/22
- Spend for 5 consecutive days by August 20th
- Spend for 5 consecutive days by July 4th