American Express kicked off 2021 with tons of new offers and benefit enhancements for cardholders.
We’ve written about many of them already, but there are so many different offers across a range of cards that we’ve put together this resource to collect all of those details together.
We’ll be keeping this resource updated as and when more offers and benefits are added, so be sure to bookmark this post for future reference.
Consumer Platinum cardholders who opened the card before November 1, 2020 received the following Amex Offers which all expire on June 30, 2021:
- Avis Car Rental – Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, Get $75 back, up to two times
- BestBuy.com – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to two times
- Goldbelly – Spend $100+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to three times
- Home Chef – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to three times
- HomeDepot.com – Spend $50+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to two times
- Instacart – Spend $250+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to two times
- Samsung – Spend $1,000+ on eligible purchases, Get $200 back, one time
- Scribd – Spend $9.99+ on eligible purchases, Get $9.99 back, up to five times
- The Container Store – Spend $150+ on eligible purchases, Get $50 back, up to two times
- Virtual Personal Training by Equinox – Spend $780+ on eligible purchases, Get $130 back, up to five times
- Wine Insiders – Spend $30+ on eligible purchases, Get $30 back, up to two times
See this post for Greg’s take on the offers: Great Amex Offers for Personal Platinum Cardholders.
Business Platinum cardholders who opened their card prior to November 1, 2020 have been targeted with Amex Offers giving 4x bonus points on up to $20,000 of spend in each of the following categories, with the offers expiring on June 30, 2021:
- Office supplies
See this post for more about those offers: Amex Business Platinum: 5X gas station, wireless, office supply, shipping, and advertising.
Blue Business Plus & other select small business cardholders
These cards have been targeted with an Amex Offer giving $25 back when spending $500 with a limit of 10 statement credits (i.e. up to $250 back on up to $5,000 of spend).
See this offer for more details: Amex Offer: Spend $500, Get $25 (10 times).
Delta, Hilton & Marriott
American Express has advised that they’ll be launching new offers on these co-branded airline and hotel credit cards, but the details of those offers are to be announced.
Their announcement states the following:
In the coming weeks, American Express and its Cobrand partners will be introducing new limited-time offers for existing Consumer and Business Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy Card Members — with more details to come soon.
This new value builds on Card Member’s existing benefits as well as the suite of relevant and rich Amex Offers available through the Amex mobile app or online account.
That suggests there’ll not only be Amex Offers on these cards, but other benefit enhancements too.
$30 PayPal Benefit
From January 1 to June 30, 2021, Platinum cardholders receive a $30 statement credit each month for PayPal transactions. Registration isn’t required – you just have to ensure your Platinum card is selected as the payment method when checking out with PayPal.
See this post for more details: Amex adds $30 monthly PayPal credit to Platinum card for 6 months.
$10 Uber Cash Benefit
The consumer Amex Platinum card has a $200 per year Uber Cash benefit ($15 per month from January to November and $35 in December). In October Amex announced that they’d be adding a similar $10 per month benefit to the consumer Amex Gold card in “early 2021”.
Small Business Online Services Discounts
Small business cardholders can obtain the following discounts on online services:
- BigCommerce – 15 day free trial, then 4 months free when selecting a monthly Standard, Plus or Pro subscription. Must enroll in free trial by March 31, 2021. Direct link to offer.
Note that BigCommerce is available on some shopping portals (here are the current rates), so you might be able to click through from a shopping portal, then copy and past the direct link above to stack both the portal cashback and savings from the Amex partnership.
- Sprout Social – 30 day free trial, then 30% discount on an annual contract. Must enroll in free trial by March 31, 2021. Direct link to offer.
The Hotel Collection Complimentary Night or Property Credit
Platinum & Gold (both consumer & business) cardholders receive a property credit of $150+ or a complimentary free night when booking an eligible stay through AmexTravel.com at participating Hotel Collection properties. Required booking dates and travel dates vary by property.
Fine Hotels + Resorts Complimentary Night or Property Credit
Consumer & business Platinum cardholders can receive a property credit of $250+ or a complimentary night when booking an eligible stay at 200+ participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties. Required booking dates and travel dates vary by property.
From January 10 to March 31, 2021, consumer & business Platinum cardholders can obtain discounts of up to 20% on select routes, flights and seats. This is valid for travel from January 10 to May 31, 2021.
Pay With Points On Prepaid Car Rental Bookings
Cardholders enrolled in the Membership Rewards program can pay with points or earn 2x Membership Rewards when booking a car rental through AmexTravel.com.
Waived Amex Travel Fees
For all new bookings and flight changes through March 31, 2021, Amex will waive the Amex Travel fee.