Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card
150K Points + free weekend night
150K after $4K spend in 3 months. Free weekend night every year - first certificate is awarded 8-12 weeks after approval. Terms apply.
Click Here to Apply
$450 Annual Fee
FM Mini Review: This card is loaded with valuable perks that are more than worth the card's annual fee if you stay in Hilton resorts at least once per year, and other Hilton properties a few times a year..
Card Type: Amex Credit Card
Earning rate: ⚬ 14X Hilton spend ⚬ 7X US restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, select car rental companies ⚬ 3X on all other eligible purchases ⚬ Terms & Limitations Apply.
Big spend bonus: Second free weekend night after $60K spend in calendar year
Noteworthy perks: ⚬Annual Weekend Night Reward upon approval and every year upon renewal ⚬ Free Diamond Status ⚬ Priority Pass w/ 2 free guests ⚬ $250 Hilton Resort Credit per membership year ⚬ $250 Airline Incidental Fee Credit per calendar year ⚬ $100 on-property credit w/ Aspire Card package ⚬ Terms Apply. See Rates & Fees
See also: Amex Hilton Aspire In-Depth Review
The Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card offers the following benefits:
- No foreign transaction fees
- Hilton Diamond status
- Earning rate:
- 14X at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 7X on flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies and at U.S. restaurants
- 3X on other purchases
- $250 Hilton Resort Credit per membership year. Participating resorts can be found here: hilton.com/resorts. Pay room charges with your card and you should receive statement credits automatically.
- $250 Airline Incidental Fee Credit per calendar year. This appears to work the same as the Amex Platinum card’s $200 airline fee credit. So, this should be relevant: Amex airline fee reimbursements. What still works?
- $100 on-property credit at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts when booking the exclusive Aspire Card package
- One Weekend Night Reward at a hotel or resort in the Hilton portfolio with your new Card and each year of Card Membership. Weekend Night Rewards cannot be used at Hilton hotels listed here: HiltonHonors.com/weekendreward.
- A second Weekend Night Reward after spending $60,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year
- Priority Pass
- Access to 24/7 American Express concierge
Click here for our in-depth review of the Amex Hilton Aspire Card
Overall this is a great option for those who stay often at Hilton hotels and at least once a year at Hilton resorts (thanks to the $250 resort credit). Due to the relatively low value of Hilton points compared to many other types of rewards (see: Reasonable Redemption Values), this isn't the best card to use for spend at 3X, but it's good for it's 7X and 14X categories.
Amex Application Tips
- Safe to Apply: Amex is the safest bank for trying your luck at a new welcome bonus. They don’t usually issue a hard pull when denying your application, and if you already have an Amex card, they won't usually issue a hard pull when approved for another one. Plus, they’ll now warn you during the application process if you’re not eligible for the bonus.
- Lifetime Rule: If you've ever had the same card before, you are most likely prohibited from getting a welcome bonus for the card if you apply now. Fortunately you'll be warned during the application process if this is the case. Amex is known to "forget" that you've had a card after about 7 years.
- 90 Day Rule: You can get at most two credit cards within 90 days. This rule does not apply to Pay Over Time (charge) cards.
- 5 credit card max: Amex usually won't approve applications for new credit cards if you already have 5 or more Amex credit cards or 10 or more charge cards.
- Better Offers: You may be able to get a better offer than the best available public offer. Details here.
- Hard inquiries combine into 1 when approved same day
Check application status here.
If denied, call reconsideration: 877-399-3083 (new accountholders); 866-314-0237 (current accountholders)
How to Meet Spend Requirements
In order to meet minimum spend requirements, people often look for options to increase spend in ways that result in getting their money back. These techniques are referred to as "manufacturing spend". American Express has terms in their welcome offers that exclude some manufactured spend techniques
from counting towards the minimum spend requirements for the welcome bonus. For example, most new cardmember bonuses have terms like this:
Eligible purchases to meet the Threshold Amount do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of other cash equivalents.
That said, many techniques for meeting minimum spend are perfectly fine. Here are some techniques that are safe for meeting Amex minimum spend requirements (click each link for more information):
Related Cards (Hilton)