|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Choice Privileges is offering bonus airline miles with a couple of mileage programs for stays through September 30, 2019. In order to take advantage of this, I believe that you will have to forgo earning Choice points, so this will be most useful for short stays where the airline miles may be more valuable than the hotel points.
- Get 1,000 United Airlines miles per stay or 1,600 AeroMexico ClubPremier points or per stay at Choice Privileges properties between 8/1/19 and 9/31/19 when you choose the appropriate airline’s mileage currency as your earning preference in your Choice Privileges account and provide your frequent flyer number at check-in
- According to Frequent Flyer Bonuses, you can alternatively get 1,250 Air Canada Aeroplan miles per stay during the same period, though the promo is not reflected on the landing page
- Direct link to this promotion
- Points cannot be earned in Brazil, China, Denmark, Estonia, Ecuador, Finland, Guyana, Iceland, India, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway or Sweden.
- Most stays are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points EXCEPT: rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night; certain hotel-initiated promotions; reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends, family and associate discount.
- Must set your earning preference to the appropriate mileage program before your stay
- Allow 2-6 weeks after check out to receive your miles
- Consecutive nights at the same hotel count as a single stay regardless of check-ins and check-outs
- See promotion page for full terms.
Keep in mind the bolded terms above: this promotion is not valid in select countries and remember that Choice does not offer rewards on stays where the nightly rate is less than $40 per night.
While I tend to like Choice points (I recently wrote about getting great value from them in Napa Valley), they are also cheap to acquire (see that same post for details). On a one-night stay, I might therefore opt for earning miles.
I’d prefer Aeroplan miles if that promo is indeed active, though as you’ll see under “The Deal”, it isn’t reflected on the landing page. Therefore, I’d probably take the United miles to be safe. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to set your earning preference to the mileage program of your choice before your stay — and that preference will remain after the promo, so don’t forget to change it back if you don’t want to earn miles for future stays.