Update 10/19/20: This offer is back once again with an expiration date of 11/30/20. We’ve added this and many other offers to our Current Amex Offers database today.
There’s a new DoorDash Amex Offer available on targeted accounts which is offering $10 back as a statement credit when spending $30 or more.
- Spend $30 or more on DoorDash and get $10 back with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Expires 11/30/20.
- Offer valid online only at doordash.com or through the DoorDash app.
- Excludes delivery of non-food items, corporate card transactions, purchases of electronic gift cards, physical gift cards or bulk gift cards bought online.
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20 back) per Card Member.
DoorDash frequently offers promo codes to save money on orders, so this Amex Offer is a nice complement to those to save you even more.
Note that you can do this deal twice to save a total of $20. It should be possible to get both $10 statement credits by either placing two orders of $30 or more, or by placing one order of $60 or more.
Gift card purchases are listed as being excluded, but I’m not certain that’s the case. The Cash app offers Boosts you can load to your debit card which are good at a bunch of different restaurants and retailers, with one of them being DoorDash. I’ve seen reports of DoorDash gift card purchases in-app triggering the Boost, despite the orders going via doordash.launchgiftcards.com. I’m far from certain that this DoorDash Amex Offer will be triggered by a gift card purchase, but if the Cash app Boosts are, that leads me to believe that there’s something about the way the transaction is processed which makes it show up as a DoorDash purchase. I don’t have this DoorDash Amex Offer on any of my cards though, so it’s not something I can test out.