Update 4/11/21: I wanted to give a quick update as this offer is still going strong. The higher $50 offer is still available and it’s super-easy to take advantage of.
My wife and I were lucky enough to get our first shots on Friday, so we both took selfies during the process. (Side note: that wasn’t my best thing as I hate needles, so having to watch the process in order to take a photo while the shot was being administered didn’t fill me with joy.)
That afternoon we both uploaded our photos to Instagram, tagged Drop, used the #DropCOVID hashtag and added the location of the grocery store where we got our jabs.
View this post on Instagram
View this post on Instagram
As promised in the promotion terms, we received a DM from Drop within 24 hours providing a promo code to enter in their app.
To enter the code, open Drop, tap your profile icon and then scroll down to the square which mentions #DropCOVID. Tap on that square and there’ll be another button to enter the promo code provided by Drop.
If you already have at least one card linked in the app, the $50 (or $20) will be instantly added to your points total.
If you won’t be getting your COVID vaccine for a little while yet, you’ll hopefully still have plenty of time to participate in this promotion. When I used the #DropCOVID hashtag on Friday afternoon, Instagram said that only 867 other people had used the hashtag. The promotion had already been running for a week by that point, so with $50 available for the first 10,000 people and $20 for the next 10,000 people, you’ll likely get a reward even if you’re not vaccinated for another month or two and quite possibly even longer.
Here’s the original post with the terms of the offer.
Drop is running an interesting promotion which is rewarding people with $20 or $50 for getting the COVID vaccine and posting a selfie on Instagram with the #DropCOVID hashtag.
- Post a selfie while getting vaccinated to Instagram & use the hashtag #DropCOVID and earn 50,000 points ($50) for the first 10,000 people and 20,000 points ($20) for the next 10,000 people.
- Direct link to terms.
- Stephen’s referral link (invite code: tmtf2)
- Greg’s referral link (invite code: aj0l8)
- Nick’s referral link (invite code: vxjnp)
- #DropCOVID kicks off on April 2nd, 2021.
- The first 10,000 participants will receive 50,000 points ($50), the remaining 10,000 will receive (20,000 points ($20). Points are given on a first-come, first-serve basis. No additional points are awarded after 20,000 vaccine codes have been redeemed.
- Eligible participants must live in the US, must be at least 18 years old, not be a Drop Employee, relative or family member, and are able to safely receive a COVID-19 vaccine, and have not been advised or cautioned against receiving a COVID-19 vaccine by a medical practitioner.
- A qualifying selfie must include:
- A doctor or medical professional clearly administering your shot
- Note: Please don’t post a picture of your official vaccination card with your selfie.
- A qualifying Instagram post must:
- Be posted by a public Instagram profile
- Include the hashtag #DropCOVID
- Tag @JoinDrop
- Include a GeoTag of your location
- In 24 hours of posting your selfie, we’ll send you a DM on Instagram which will include a link to download Drop and your unique code!
If you’ll be getting vaccinated on Friday or potentially in the next few days after that, this is a great reward in addition to your daily free Krispy Kreme. If you’re one of the first 10,000 people to fulfill the requirements, you’ll earn 50,000 Drop points which is worth $50 towards gift cards, while 20,000 points for the subsequent 10,000 people being vaccinated is worth $20.
Note that there are several requirements you have to follow in order to get the 50k or 20k points. The promotion doesn’t start until April 2, but it’s not clear if photos uploaded before then are eligible or not. When you do take your selfie, you have to make sure your doctor is in the photo administering the vaccination. You also have to include the #DropCOVID hashtag, tag @JoinDrop and include a GeoTag of your location; I imagine there’ll be a bunch of people who don’t end up fulfilling all those requirements, so hopefully that increases your chances of being one of the first 10,000 participants in order to earn the higher 50,000 point bonus.
If you’ve already been vaccinated – congratulations! If you happened to take a selfie with your doctor in the shot giving you the shot, you can presumably upload that photo to participate as there doesn’t seem to be a requirement that your vaccination actually took place from April 2 onwards seeing as they don’t want you to include your vaccine card in the photo.