|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
British Airways is offering a 25% bonus when transferring hotel points to your Avios account.
- Get a 25% bonus when transferring points from the following hotel programs to your British Airways Avios account:
- Marriott Bonvoy
- IHG One Rewards
- World of Hyatt
- Radisson Rewards
- Radisson Rewards Americas
- Direct link to offer.
- Eligible Participants will receive up to 25% more BAEC Avios (“Bonus Avios”) when they convert Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points into Avios during the Qualifying Period. “Qualifying Hotel Loyalty Points” means a minimum of requirement of loyalty points earned through the Hotel Loyalty Programme. Minimum amounts vary between hotel partners: Marriott Bonvoy – 9,000; IHG Rewards Club – 10,000; World of Hyatt – 5,000; Radisson Rewards – 2,000; Radisson Rewards Americas – 2,000
- The standard earn rate for loyalty points earned through the hotel loyalty programmes varies according to the hotel partner. For full details on the earn rates per hotel partner please click here.
- “Qualifying Period” means: Between 19 April 2022 and 25 April 2022 for Marriott Bonvoy, IHG Rewards, World of Hyatt, Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas.
- To participate, Eligible Participants must first enrol if they are not already members and then visit the relevant hotel website to convert their loyalty points into Avios.
- Bonus Avios can take 4-6 weeks to show on your account from the date of conversion. Once they have been credited, you can start redeeming them for flights, hotels and Avis car hire. Taxes, fees and charges remain payable by the BAEC Member. Reward flights are subject to availability and capacity control and availability may be limited at peak times.
Transferring points from most of these hotel programs to your Avios account isn’t going to be worth it because it represents such poor value. When taking into account the 25% bonus, here’s what you’d end up with most of the eligible programs:
- IHG One Rewards: 10,000 points = 2,500 Avios
- World of Hyatt: 5,000 points = 2,500 Avios. Transferring 50,000 points gets an additional 5,000 Avios, so with the 25% bonus 50,000 points = 31,250 Avios
- Radisson Rewards: 2,000 points = 200 Avios
- Radisson Rewards Americas: 2,000 points = 200 Avios
As you can see, none of those transfers are worth taking advantage of, although I guess a case could be made to transfer 2,000 Radisson points if that’s all you have in your account and they’d otherwise be orphaned.
There is a hotel program that could be worth considering a transfer from – Marriott Bonvoy. Marriott normally transfers to Avios on a 3:1 basis, so with the 25% transfer bonus 9,000 Marriott Bonvoy points = 3,750 Avios. That’s still not great, but transferring 60,000 Marriott Bonvoy points at a time is the sweet spot (albeit not overly sweet) because you get another 5,000 bonus Avios thrown in. Add on the 25% transfer bonus and 60,000 Marriott points becomes 31,250 Avios. If you have a lot of Marriott points and can get good value when redeeming Avios, this promotion could be worth considering, but it’s certainly not worth transferring hotel points speculatively.