|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Every summer World of Hyatt runs some kind of promotion that rewards it credit card holders. Each year’s offering is different and their latest iteration has now been announced. From now through September 17, 2023, you’ll get a 20% points rebate when booking stays at properties in their Independent Collection.
If the Independent Collection doesn’t sound very familiar, there’s a good chance that some of the brands within that collection you’ll be a little more familiar with.
- Get a 20% points rebate when booking award stays at properties in Hyatt’s Independent Collection.
- Direct link to registration.
- Registration required.
- This promotion is valid only for World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who register for the promotion between July 11 and August 15, 2023. Only points redeemed for stays completed between July 11 and September 17, 2023 (“Promotion Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 20% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Hotels during the Promotion Period.
- To qualify, credit card account must be open at the time of fulfillment.
- Chase is not responsible for the provision of, or failure to provide, the stated benefits and services.
- Bonus Points will post directly to your World of Hyatt account and will not appear on your credit card statement.
- Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be received under this offer.
- To be eligible for these offers, the entire stay must be completed during the Promotion Period.
- Points redeemed for Avis car rental certificates or points transferred to airline partners are not eligible for any offer in this promotion.
- Please allow 4 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to appear in your World of Hyatt account.
- For purposes of these offers, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay or completion of (and, if applicable payment for) the meal, experience, class, therapy, service or excursion.
It was only fairly recently that Hyatt regrouped all their different brands and collections under a handful of other banners – the Timeless Collection, Boundless Collection, Independent Collection and Inclusive Collection.
This latest promotion for Hyatt cardholders is only valid for stays at their Independent Collection properties. The three brands that make up the Independent Collection are the Unbound Collection, Destination and JdV (formerly stylized as Joie de Vivre). Within those brands though you can find sub-brands. For example, Hyatt bought me and you and Lindner Hotels last year and they recently became bookable through World of Hyatt (see some of the Lindner highlights here) under the JdV banner.
Getting a 20% points rebate is a very nice return, especially considering there’s no total limit on how many points you can get rebated. There is a limit of 30,000 rebated points per transaction (i.e. 150,000 redeemed points per transaction), but no limit on how many transactions you can get points rebated on.
There are a couple of quick things to highlight. First, you have to register for this promotion. Second, that has to be done by August 15, although the promotion is valid on stays through September 17.
The nice thing about the way that Hyatt runs these promotions is that if you’ve already booked a stay (or stays) at eligible properties this summer, you don’t have to cancel and rebook them. Provided you register for the promotion before your stay, you’ll get your points rebated even though those stays were booked before you registered.
Update: Following a couple of reader questions here and in the Frequent Miler Insiders Facebook group, we reached out to our Hyatt rep to ask how this promotion works for Globalist members when booking Guest of Honor stays. They’ve confirmed that if a Globalist member is also a World of Hyatt credit cardholder, they’ll get the 20% points rebate when booking a Guest of Honor stay.