|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt has launched a new sale on paid stays today that offers up to 25% off room rates. I’m always dubious when there are headline rates like that, but there are some legit savings to be had from this sale at participating properties.
- Save up to 25% on Hyatt stays when using promo code PRIVATE (enter code in ‘Special Offer Code’ field).
- Direct link to offer.
- Offer available for qualifying stays at participating hotels occurring between April 1, 2022 and May 31, 2022 when you book between March 15, 2022 and March 22, 2022 and use Special Offer Code PRIVATE.
- Discount varies and is available only for World of Hyatt members in good standing at time of booking and stay.
- Booking discount percent applies to room rate only, and represents a discount off the Standard Rate.
- Reservations subject to availability.
- Offer only available for a limited time.
- Offer must be booked on Hyatt.com, via the World of Hyatt app, via a Hyatt Global Contact Center or by contacting your personal travel professional and requesting the then-available offer (if any). Any limitations or restrictions included in the published offer shall apply.
- Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs.
- Additional charges may apply for additional guests or room type upgrades.
- Offer not valid in conjunction with previously booked or held stays and may not be combined with other offers.
- Offer not valid at Hyatt Residence Club, Miraval, MGM, UrCove, Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations and at locations in the AMR Collection brands.
- Additional Region-Specific Terms and Conditions:
- Americas Hotels:
25% off the Standard Rate. Full prepayment is required at time of booking, and bookings made under this offer may be cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date. Reservations cancelled within 72 hours of arrival forfeit full prepayment.
- Europe, Africa, Middle East & Southwest Asia Hotels:
25% or more off the Standard Rate. A minimum stay of 2 nights is required. Full prepayment is required at time of booking, and bookings made under this offer may be cancelled at no charge up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date. Reservations cancelled within 72 hours of arrival forfeit full prepayment. Offer includes complimentary daily breakfast with qualifying stay for registered guests where available. Breakfast is provided in the morning following each night of a stay. Breakfast hours are limited. Breakfast benefit is not valid for in-room dining. Offer also includes 20% food and beverage discount, that may exclude specialty restaurants, room service, alcohol, or venues operated by third party vendors. Offer varies by hotel. Discount does not apply to, unless specifically noted, service charges, mandatory resort fees, applicable taxes and other incidental expenses.
- Asia-Pacific Hotels (excluding Mainland China):
25% or more off the Standard Rate. One-night non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Bookings made under this offer may be cancelled at no additional charge up to 72 hours prior to your scheduled arrival date. Reservations cancelled within 72 hours of arrival forfeit remaining balance. Offer includes 10% or more off food and beverage, that may exclude specialty restaurants, room service, alcohol, or venues operated by third party vendors. Offer varies by hotel. Discount does not apply to, unless specifically noted, service charges, mandatory resort fees, applicable taxes and other incidental expenses.
- Mainland China Hotels:
Subject to the recent epidemic prevention policy of mainland China, hotels in mainland China will not participate in this promotion.
- Americas Hotels:
This Hyatt sale offers 25% off the Standard Rate. The Standard Rate is rarely the lowest rate available because there are often cheaper non-refundable Advance Purchase rates available, as well as refundable Member Rate options.
There are apparently “more than 975 participating hotels worldwide” which means that there’ll be a chunk of hotels where the PRIVATE promo code doesn’t work. For example, I did a search for Orlando and neither the Hyatt House nor the Hyatt Place across from Universal Orlando Resort seem to be participating in this sale.
There are still some significant savings available from this sale if you find eligible properties though. For example, when looking at a week-long stay in Lincoln, NE this sale offered rooms for $90 per night. The next cheapest rate was $107, but that’s a non-refundable Advance Purchase rate. The next cheapest refundable rate was the Member Rate at $110 per night – $20 per night more expensive.
I’ve found in recent months that the best pricing on directly-booked Hyatt stays has been available via their Leverage program. When checking those same dates at the Hyatt Place Lincoln, the rate was $102 per night – cheaper than the other regular options, but still more expensive than this Private sale.
A similar thing happened when looking at a four night stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington. The cheapest rate would otherwise have been $297 per night, but the Private rate drops that to $232 – savings of 22%.
Once again, the Leverage rate was lower than the Member Rate at $279 per night, but that’s still much higher than the rate available from this Private sale.
There are a couple of things worth noting with this sale. First, full prepayment is required at the time of booking, although you do have until 72 hours before your stay to cancel. Both Hyatt’s Member Rate and Leverage rate usually don’t require full prepayment and give you up until 48 hours before your stay to cancel, so the Private rate is more restrictive on both counts.
Second, using this Private sale to book Hyatt stays overseas could be particularly good for people without Globalist status. If you book a stay in Europe, Africa, Middle East or Southwest Asia, the rate includes complimentary breakfast as well as a 20% discount on other food and beverage purchases during your stay. For stays in Asia-Pacific Hotels (excluding Mainland China), breakfast isn’t provided but there is a 10% discount on food and beverage.