In addition to the new transfer bonuses from Chase to Virgin Atlantic, Amex to Flying Blue and Bilt to Flying Blue (now ended), another transfer bonus began yesterday – Amex to LifeMiles. At 15% the bonus isn’t huge, but it could be handy if you were needing to transfer points to LifeMiles anyway.
- Get a 15% bonus when transferring American Express Membership Rewards to LifeMiles.
- This Promotion is valid only for point transfers from American Express Membership Rewards to miles of the LifeMiles program from May 1st, 2023 (12:00 AM GMT-5) to May 31st, 2023 (11:59 PM GMT-4).
- A minimum transfer of 1000 points is required.
- Membership Rewards customers must be previously registered as a LifeMiles member in order to participate in this promotion, you can sign up as a member at LifeMiles.com.
- During the offer, the member will receive a 15% bonus over the miles accrued on the member´s account as a product of the transfer. The bonus miles and the transferred miles may be accrued in separate transactions.
- LifeMiles earned by transferring and the bonus Miles earned with this promotion do not apply to obtain or maintain the LifeMiles Elite Status.
- Transferred LifeMiles as well as the bonus miles will be accrued no later than 24 hours after the LifeMiles Partner reports the request of miles transfer.
This transfer bonus is on the LifeMiles end, so you won’t see the 15% being added when transferring from your Amex account. Unfortunately the email from LifeMiles didn’t give a landing page for the offer either, so if you’re interested in this offer then you’ll just have to trust that there won’t be any issues with the bonus miles being credited.
LifeMiles has a number of sweet spots which Nick has outlined here. There can be problems with the program though, such as trying to get a manual booking done and the LifeMiles website initially displaying the incorrect taxes and fees due for some award flights.
Still, it can be a useful program which can become even better value with this 15% transfer bonus, especially if you’re sitting on a big stash of Membership Rewards from all the No Lifetime Language offers over the past couple of years.
What is the highest transfer bonus for Life miles and should we wait for a higher offer?
There have been transfer bonuses of 25% before – you can check all current and past transfer bonuses here: https://frequentmiler.com/current-point-transfer-bonuses/
I’m afraid there’s no way of knowing when the next bonus higher than 15% will be though.
Same here. Happened the same day for me as well. Nice surprise.
I used this yesterday. The bonus miles show up instantly along with the base transfer of AMEX points.