There are two new, targeted Amex Offers out for Marriott Bonvoy that can give you up to 40% off of Marriott purchases, the best that we’ve seen from Amex offers in some time. One offer gives a $120 statement credit for spending $300+ at most Bonvoy properties. The second gives $100 back on the same $300+. In both cases, the spend can be spread out over more than one purchase.
This offer is only valid for properties in the US, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Two new, targeted Amex Offers are that give $100-120 back when you spend $300+ in one or more purchases at Marriott Bonvoy hotels by 7/31/2023. (enrollment required)
Key Terms and Conditions
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy® App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Marriott Grand Residence Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, Vistana Signature Network and Vistana Residence Network
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
It’s been a long time since we’ve seen one of these Marriott Amex Offers get up to 40% back. It goes with saying that this is a great deal and should be captured if you can make it work. Both mine and P2’s cards were targeted, all of them Membership Rewards-earning cards (each of our Brilliant cards was not, unfortunately…and probably not surprisingly).
It’s important to note that this offer is valid only at properties in the US and US territories, along with Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. It also excludes Marriott Homes and Villas and Design Hotels, along with some other vacation rental brands. The Protea exclusion is redundant since those are outside the US anyway.
Historically, these Marriott Amex offers have been triggered by a gift card purchase at the front desk even though the terms exclude gift cards purchases. It has always been a crap shoot as to whether properties sell gift cards at all…and if they do, whether or not they’ll actually have them in stock (and then whether or not they know how to load them). It’s probably worth calling to see if a location has them before you make a trip to the hotel. In general, higher-end brands seem to stock them more frequently than the Fairfields and Courtyards of the world.
As always, we have added this to our Current Amex Offers database.
How can you figure out exactly what hotels are participating hotels? Is there a way to check? I see the exclusions but just wanted to be really sure.
My offer was slightly different (and has now disappeared from my offers page even though I added it to my card) – it was $100 back on $500 spend. I’m very confused though how they can pull the offer back??? I just triple checked to make sure I didn’t miss it.
Never mind – my phone wasn’t showing all the offers, but they all show up on my computer.
Too bad you can’t use this to buy points since they have the sale right now.
Can you stack this with the Westin Offer on Chase? For example, call Marriot, book a Westin, charge $300 on Amex and remainder on Chase Sapphire?
Data pt-no offers on Plat, gold or brilliance (sad face)
Call around to find a hotel that knows how to sell gift cards. Then you can make several separate purchases (cannot split payment when buying a gift card) to keep adding $300 to your gift card (up to $1,000) if you have several of these offers.
shouldn’t it be up to $2000?
Q. Can I purchase more than 1 GiftCard at a time?
A. Yes, at gifts.marriott.com you may purchase as many cards as you want, up to $10,000 per person/per credit card/per day during time of promotion. Please note the maximum value a card may have is $2,000.
Do you know if it’s possible to use multiple cards on a single stay?
We have a 2-night reservation and the total cost will be $650. Could we split the charge across 2 cards (mine and player 2’s)?
Yes hotels in general allow it, unless you mean prepaid. In that case you probably have to call and ask.
Got $100 off $300 on Brilliant and P2 got $100 off $500 in BBP.
My wife is an authorized gold user on my platinum account. Does she get separate AMEX offers?
Yes anyone with an AMEX log in.
There is also a spend $500, get $100. I saw that on one of our accounts this morning.
I got the $100 on $300 on my Biz card. Perfect timing because I’ve got a couple of Marriott stays in the pipeline.