Marriott is running what initially seems like a fairly rewarding promotion for stays at participating Courtyard properties in the US, Canada, Caribbean and Latin America as they’re giving 2,000 bonus points for every night of your stay.
That comes – quite literally – at a price though, so you’ll need to do the math when booking a Courtyard stay to decide if this promotion is worth taking advantage of.
- Earn 2,000 bonus points per day at participating Courtyard properties when using Promotional Code 53M.
- Direct link to offer.
- Valid on stays April 1-December 31, 2022.
- Available only at participating Courtyard by Marriott hotels.
- There are a limited number of rooms available for this promotion.
- Guest must book reservation using promotional code listed above in order to receive bonus points.
- Offer applies to one regular room per stay, per member on dates listed.
- A “hotel stay” or “stay” means all consecutive nights spent with Marriott by a registered Marriott Bonvoy member.
- Offer not available during special events; tax is additional; special offers cannot be combined; blackout dates may exist; advance reservations are required.
- Offer does not apply to groups of 10 or more rooms.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
This particular promotion works differently to most other Marriott promotions. With normal promos, you have to register for them and you then earn bonus points based on regular room rates, including Advance Purchase rates.
This Courtyard promotion works differently. You don’t have to register for the offer per se, but you do have to use Promotional Code 53M when making a reservation. If you use the link above, it should prepopulate the code automatically, but otherwise you can enter the rate in the ‘Special Rates’ dropdown box by selecting ‘Corporate/Promo/SET#’ and then entering 53M in the ‘Enter Code’ box at the bottom.
The downside with this kind of promotion is that because you have to book using a special rate code, you’ll likely end up having to pay more for your stay in order to earn the bonus points. For example, doing a search at the Courtyard Flagstaff, AZ for next month shows the following pricing:
To earn the 2,000 bonus points per night, you’d have to spend $303 per night before taxes and fees. If you were happy to forgo flexibility with your stay, the cheapest rate is a non-refundable $278 per night – $25 per night cheaper. Even if you wanted the freedom to cancel with no penalty one day before your stay, you could book a $288 rate – $15 cheaper.
In this particular scenario, you’d therefore be spending an extra $15-$25 per night (plus taxes and fees) in order to earn 2,000 bonus points per night. At that kind of price it’s not going to be worth it unless there’s some other factor that could make it more worthwhile, such as if the higher price will help you hit the spending threshold required to take advantage of the Marriott Amex Offer.
However, it might be that there are other Courtyard properties where the price differential is much smaller. If so, spending an extra few bucks per night to earn 2,000 bonus points per night could be more worthwhile.