Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card
FM Mini Review: The best use for this card is probably to downgrade from the Ritz or Boundless card to avoid the annual fee. That way, you can always upgrade again when you need the annual free night or other perks
Card Type: Visa Signature
Earning rate: ⚬ 3X Marriott Bonvoy ⚬ 2X travel ⚬ 1X everywhere else
Noteworthy perks: Automatic Silver status ⚬ 15 nights of elite credit each year ⚬ $10 monthly GoPuff credit (through 12/31/23)
See also: Marriott Bonvoy Complete Guide
|Marriott points can be redeemed for free night awards, travel packages, airline miles, or experiences. 5th Night Free Awards: When redeeming points for free nights, the 5th night within a single reservation is free. Airline miles: Points can be converted to airline miles at a rate of 3 points to 1 mile. With many programs, a bonus is added on when you transfer 60,000 points at a time, such that 60,000 points transfers to 25,000 miles. Also, you'll get a 10% bonus when transferring points to United Airlines.
Everything you need to know about Marriott's rewards program, Bonvoy, can be found here: Marriott Bonvoy Complete Guide
Chase Application Tips
- Shut-Down Caution: Signing up for new Chase cards can lead to Chase reviewing your accounts. This may lead to Chase shutting down all of your accounts if you appear to be a credit risk. See this post for details and recommendations: Why Chase shutdowns have increased and how to avoid them.
- 5/24 Rule: With most Chase cards, you won't get approved if your credit report shows 5 or more cards opened in the past 24 months. Details here.
- 24/48 Month Rule: With most Chase cards, you can get the same card and bonus again 24 months after having received the bonus as long as you no longer have the card open. With Sapphire cards, you must wait 48 months. No wait is required for Chase Ink cards.
- 30 Day Rule: It is tough to get approved for more than 2 Chase cards within 30 days
- Get Same Card Again: You can get the same exact card and again if you first cancel the older card and follow the 24/48 month rule. Ink cards are OK to get again without cancelling previous card if you apply with a new business.
- Better Offers: You may be able to get a better offer than the best available public offer. Details here.
- Hard inquiries combine into 1 when approved same day (not always true when mixing business and personal)
Call (888) 338-2586 to check your application status
If denied, call reconsideration here:1-888-270-2127 for both personal and business cards
Related Cards (Marriott Bonvoy)
[…] Ritz-Carlton from Chase ($450): This card is not available new, but you can product change from any consumer Chase Marriott card such as the Bonvoy Boundless or fee-free Bonvoy Bold. […]
[…] has unveiled a new fee-free Marriott Bonvoy card: Bonvoy Bold. Is the new card worth getting? Is it worth keeping? Let’s dig […]