|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Hyatt wants you to pay $299 to attend a timeshare presentation. That might sound crazy, but there’s the potential for a good deal here.
- Book a three night stay in a studio suite at the Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation for $299 and earn 10,000 bonus points or $100 resort certificate when also attending a timeshare presentation.
- Direct link to offer (might be targeted based upon your zip code).
- Book by April 2, 2021.
- Only the person whose name appears on this invitation may redeem this offer. You must have a combined household annual income of at least $100,000; be at least 35 years of age; own a home; and be creditworthy. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer. One offer per family. The following are not eligible for this offer: Groups (two or more affiliated couples traveling together); those who have participated in a special promotion at this resort in the last 12 months or who have an existing promotion requiring attendance at a sales presentation; all employees and their immediate family members of Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, and their affiliated entities; and owners at any Hyatt Residence Club resort.
- Attendance at the sales presentation (lasting approximately 90 to 120 minutes) is required to receive this special offer. If you do not attend your sales presentation, you will be charged the retail value for accommodations, based on high-season rates, and will not receive any package bonus gifts. If married, cohabitating, or in a life partnership, both parties must attend together to receive this special offer. Please bring a driver’s license or government-issued identification with you. Your sales presentation will be scheduled during the booking of your vacation travel dates. Presentation times cannot be changed once scheduled.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion and cannot be modified. Travel must be completed within 12 months of package purchase date. Stay must be consecutive nights. A nonrefundable deposit of $199 is required at time of purchase with the balance due at time of booking travel dates. Once your reservation is confirmed, you have one complimentary reschedule within 3 days of booking travel dates. You may request changes up to 30 days prior to check-in date with a $75 nonrefundable change fee. Reschedule is not allowed within 30 days of check-in date. All currency mentions are U.S. dollars. Due to the special nature of this offer, we are unable to offer World of Hyatt member benefits.
- Accommodations are for a maximum of two adults and up to two children under the age of 18 at Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation, in a studio suite, which includes a king bed, full-size sleeper sofa, and kitchenette. Your package price is inclusive of the daily resort fee. Do not purchase airfare until your arrival dates are confirmed. Due to the nature of this offer, room reservations are limited and on a space-available basis. Holiday and special event periods are excluded from this offer but may be available at a premium rate. You may incur other incidental fees that are not included in your package cost, such as telephone charges, transportation, meals, tickets, taxes, tips, housekeeping, and other charges of a personal nature, if you request these services. Pets are not permitted on property. Retail value is based on high-season rates.
Paying $299 for the privilege of sitting through a timeshare presentation might not have been the first item on your list of New Year resolutions back on January 1, but this offer could still make sense for someone who’s interested in a comparatively cheap Florida getaway in the next year.
The resort fee is included as part of this package, so you’re paying $100 per night (plus tax presumably) for a stay at what appears to be a very nice resort. When checking a bunch of dates over the course of the next year, an average nightly rate of $279 or thereabouts was common, so $100 per night is a great discount in comparison.
In addition to the much lower paid rate, you can also choose between a $100 resort certificate or 10,000 World of Hyatt points. Choosing the points is a no-brainer as 10,000 points are worth in excess of $100.
There are some limitations to this offer though. For starters, the terms state that World of Hyatt member benefits aren’t offered for this type of package which means you can’t take advantage of Globalist status and/or suite upgrade awards to get put into a one bedroom suite rather than a studio suite. It also means you won’t get a 4pm late checkout, etc.
I initially thought that booking a stay over New Year’s could represent even better value, as a three night paid stay from December 29, 2021 to January 1, 2022 prices out at $594 per night before tax:
However, the terms state the following:
Holiday and special event periods are excluded from this offer but may be available at a premium rate.
Still, paying $299 in exchange for 10,000 World of Hyatt points and a three night stay which would usually cost ~$900+ seems like a decent deal if the Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation is a resort you’re interested in staying at, albeit at the cost of 90-120 minutes of your life spent saying no to a timeshare.
This might be a targeted offer. I received an email about this timeshare deal and clicked through to learn more about the terms. It prompted me to enter my zip code, so out of interest as to whether it was a targeted offer, I entered our Virginia mailing address zip code which isn’t the one on my Hyatt account and it said that either my Priority Reservation Number and/or zip code was incorrect. When entering our Florida mailing address zip code, the offer showed up.
That made me think this offer was being targeted at Florida residents, but Nick got the same offer and he’s in New York. If you’re interested in this offer but it says you’re not eligible when clicking through, it would be worth calling Hyatt on +1 844.770.2582 (the phone number given in the email) in case a rep is able to offer this deal to non-targeted World of Hyatt members.