|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Plastiq is out with a targeted promo to pay a 1% fee on Mastercard payments. The email has gone out to most Plastiq customers I know, so it seems that it is quite widely targeted. With this promo, you can schedule three payments in a row with a Mastercard (up to $2,000 for each payment) at a 1% Plastiq fee.
- Plastiq is sending out a widely-targeted promotion good for a 1% fee when you schedule 3 payments in a row with a Mastercard (up to $2K for each payment)
- Email subject line is: 1% Plastiq fee on Mastercard payments
- Promotion is available only to direct recipients of this email notifying them of their eligibility and cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions. This promotion is not-transferable.
- Payments must be made with a Mastercard credit card, associated with this email recipient’s account, and must not exceed $2,000 per transaction.
- Promotion can only be redeemed once per account.
- Three (3) payments must be scheduled before 11:59 PM EST on May 31, 2019, as a series. You are permitted to schedule as many payments as you like, however, this promotion discount will only apply to the first three payments within the series.
- Low Plastiq 1.0% fee will be applied automatically when the payment is processed. The last payment must be processed by 11:59 p.m. EST on August 31, 2019.
- Plastiq fee free dollars (FFDs) cannot be applied towards payments with a 1.0% Plastiq fee or lower.
- Editing, altering, rescheduling, or canceling any of the scheduled payments in the series will forfeit the promotional fee discount.
- This promotion does not apply to any scheduled payments submitted before 12:01 a.m. EST on May 13, 2019.
- Plastiq reserves the right to cancel or modify the promotion at any time.
The email for this promotion indicates that it is targeted to those who “haven’t used a Mastercard recently”, though both Greg and I have used a Mastercard recently and we both received the targeted email, so it seems they are casting a fairly wide net here.
If you were targeted, you need to submit your scheduled payments by May 31, 2019 and you’ll save up to $90 since you’ll pay a 1% fee on three payments of up to $2K (rather than a 2.5% fee). The low fee makes it really easy to choose a rewards Mastercard that earns a better return than the points — or use this to easily meet the spend for one of the Best Mastercard Offers. Since you can pay a wide range of things via Mastercard (see: Complete Guide to Plastiq credit card payments), this promo looks like a nice easy win.
It’s worth checking your email to see if you were targeted if you have a nice-sized bill you can pay via Mastercard.
[…] Plastiq promo: 1% fee for Mastercards [Widely Targeted] […]
I use Plastiq to pay my rent to meet MSR on credit cards. My rent is over $2K. I was targeted, but with the $2K “cap”, does this mean I can’t really take advantage? Or is it just 1% on the first $2K, 2.5% for the rest?
Received offer and took advantage.
I’m sure your family is overwhelmed with pride. 😉
Widely targeted, but I didn’t get the email.
I didn’t get it either, Dave. I suppose Plastiq neither needs nor wants our business. I hate when companies exclude current deals from long-time paying customers. Plastiq gets zero stars, as far as I’m concerned.
I was not targeted. But after signed in and chatted with a Plastiq rep, he showed me how to make payments with 1% fee using Mastercard. I was able to make multiple payments (12K total) for the next three months.
Can you share how to do this, pretty please?
Which Mastercard earns a better return than the points?