|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Point debit card has been an extremely valuable card for us over the last few months, primarily due to its 5x earnings at Walmart, Costco, Amazon and Trader Joes. These were available as part of rotating “access offers” that were officially only valid for a month but had been routinely extended. Last month, that changed and the bonuses on each of the high-value retailers expired, effectively nuking the value of the card.
Point has unexpectedly brought back each of these offers, sans Amazon. This time it’s for only one weekend, though, giving 5x points (i.e. 5% cashback) at Wal-Mart, Costco, Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s through May 8th.
- Earn 5x at the following retailers with the Point debit card on:
- Walmart ($1000 max/month)
- Costco ($1000 max/month)
- Trader Joe’s ($500 max/month)
- Whole Foods ($1000 max/month)
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card, note that the annual fee is now $99. There are a variety of easily-fulfilled referral offers out there, it’s worth asking around for someone who knows they have referral capacity. You will recieve an immediate digital card upon approval that can be used via Apple/Google Pay or online.
Note that we no longer list our referral information since referrals are now capped and new users will not receive the bonus once the person making the referral has exceeded the cap.
- Earn 5 points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases made using your PointCard at Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Costco and Amazon before 11:59 p.m. PDT, May 8, 2022.
- Points are redeemable for cash, where 1 point = $0.01 upon redemption, subject to the Rewards & Benefits Terms.
- Offer valid in-store and on purchases made online.
- Excludes physical and electronic gift cards.
- Not valid on purchases made through third-party retailers, websites, or mobile applications.
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases per month during this offer period for Amazon, Costco and Whole Foods, 2,500 points at Trader Joes.
- Points will be credited to your account within 30 days after charges appear on your Point billing statement.
- Points may not be credited to, or may be taken away from, your account if qualifying purchases are cancelled or returned.
5x points on the Point debit card is the same as 5% cashback. We occasionally see the Chase Freedom/Freedom Flex and Discover It cards offering 5% at some of these retailers, but that’s only valid during whichever given quarter that’s eligible.
These retailers had been a standard feature of Point access offers before last month. While it’s discouraging to see them only return for one weekend, it’s encouraging to see them back at all. I recently transferred all of the funds in my Point account out, simply because there were no useful offers/category bonuses left for me. Hopefully this is an indication that we’ll see these pop back up from time to time, if even for short periods.