|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Marriott Homes & Villas is out with a promotion to save 10% on Marriott Homes & Villas bookings made before 11:59 PM EDT on May 20, 2021 for stays checking out on or before December 16, 2022 (the end of next year). Not all properties are participating, a minimum 3-night stay is required and some blackout dates apply, but this could give you an opportunity to save a few bucks on a vacation rental (while also earning Marriott elite credit and points).
- Marriott Homes & Villas is offering 10% off most properties with no registration required.
- Direct link to terms
- Must book by 11:59pm ET May 20, 2021
- Minimum stay of 3 nights
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- The 3-Day Anniversary Sale promotional discount begins on 12:01 AM EDT on May 18, 2021 and will run until 11:59 PM EDT on May 20, 2021.
- New reservations made on home stays during this window, with arrival dates on or after May 19, 2021, and check-out dates on or before December 16, 2022, will be eligible for the applicable 10% discount.
- Discount is available on both cash and redemption bookings. Blackout dates apply, and are as follows:
- July 4th: July 1, 2021 – July 5, 2021
- Labor Day: September 2, 2021 – September 7, 2021
- Thanksgiving: November 25, 2021 – November 29, 2021
- Christmas Week: December 19, 2021 – December 26, 2021
- New Year’s: December 30, 2021 – January 2, 2022
- July 4th: July 1, 2022 – July 5, 2022
- Labor Day: September 1, 2022 – September 6, 2022
- Thanksgiving: November 24, 2022 – November 28, 2022
- A select number of homes are excluded from the 3-Day Anniversary Sale. The rate card on homes that are not participating in the 3-Day Anniversary Sale will display “Not Participating in Anniversary Sale”.
- For participating homes, the 3-Day Anniversary Sale discount will be automatically applied to the nightly rate during the checkout process. Taxes, fees, and any incidental expenses will not be discounted.
- Changes to method of payment and reservation dates cannot be processed after the booking is completed. A full cancellation is required. Please review the cancellation policy of your selected home closely prior to booking.
I recently explored Marriott Homes & Villas a bit for an upcoming vacation rental need. In the end, we booked something different through Airbnb but I was surprised to find that there were some not-unreasonably-priced properties in the area we searched. I wouldn’t say that the Marriott properties had the best pricing, but just as Greg found when he took a dive into the program, there are some values and some poor deals. I had hoped to find something where I’d earn elite credit and points that would offset spending a bit more, but given that much of the price is in fees that don’t earn Marriott points, it just didn’t work out for my situation. Keep in mind that the discount here only applies to the nightly rate, not taxes and fees. The good news is that prices indeed look to be discounted by 10% from the last time I looked rather than simply inflated. The bad news is that the initial search page shows the lowest possible nightly rate — you only see the rate during your dates after you click through to the property. It therefore looks like prices were inflated because in my limited experience it seems that prices are often higher than the initial search page suggests.
The email does suggest some cheap prices though…
With vacation rentals very popular right now and this sale extending to bookings through the end of next year, it could certainly be worth a look.