|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
IHG One Rewards is sending out targeted emails to some members offering up to 9,000 bonus points when staying with them from mid-April through early June.
- Earn 3,000 bonus IHG One Rewards points for every two nights you stay, with a limit of 9,000 bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- To participate in the “Stay 2 Nights. Earn 3K Points. Repeat.” promotional offer (the “Offer”), you must be an IHG One Rewards member and must be invited to participate in the Offer. After receiving an invitation, you must register your member number in advance in order to be eligible for the Offer. After registering, you can earn IHG One Rewards bonus points each time you reach the specified number of Qualifying Room Night stays during the Offer Period, as follows: 3,000 bonus points will be awarded to your IHG One Rewards account after completing two Qualifying Room Nights; 3,000 additional bonus points will be awarded upon completing a total of four Qualifying Room Nights; and 3,000 more bonus points will be awarded once you have completed a total of six Qualifying Room Nights during the Offer Period. For example, if you have stays that result in a total of five (5) Qualifying Room Nights during the Offer Period, you would earn 3,000 bonus points for the first two Qualifying Room Nights, and then another 3,000 bonus points after reaching four Qualifying Room Nights, for a total of 6,000 bonus points. By registering for the Offer, a member is accepting these Terms and Conditions.
- To be a “Qualifying Room Night” under this Offer, the room night must fall within the Offer Period and must be part of a Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay. The “Offer Period” is from April 15, 2023, through June 5, 2023. Room nights outside of the Offer Period are not included, and room nights that are part of a stay that was completed prior to registration for the Offer also are not included.
- For purposes of this Offer, a “Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stay” is defined as a minimum 1-night stay at a participating hotel booked under a Qualifying Rate, with a total spend exceeding $30 USD (or local equivalent) per night. Stays booked using Reward Nights or Points & Cash are not Promotion Eligible Qualifying Stays for purposes of this Offer.
- Bookings made through on-line travel agencies or other reservation sites such as booking.com or expedia.com also do not qualify under this Offer. (For additional details on Qualifying Rates, please see the full IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions .)
- If more than one member who registered for the Offer checks into the same room, only one member is eligible to earn points under this Offer for those nights that qualify. If a member books more than one room on the same night, the member will only receive credit towards this Promotion for only one of the rooms that also meets the requirements of a Qualifying Room Night.
- The Offer can only be redeemed once during the Offer Period by the member who was invited to participate, and a maximum of 9,000 IHG One Rewards bonus points can be achieved. A member’s participation in the IHG One Rewards program and this Offer are subject to the standard IHG One Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions, which can be obtained here or by visiting ihgonerewards.com. The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying under the IHG One Rewards program. The time needed for awarding points can vary with each promotion, so please allow up to 6 weeks for the bonus points to be posted to the recipient’s member account.
IHG’s latest promotion ends on April 14, so this new promo won’t stack with it as it’s only valid on stays starting from April 15. That hopefully won’t mean that this new offer is the only one running for the next couple of months because it’s a targeted promo. I received an email about it and was able to register, but when trying to register my wife’s account it said that she wasn’t targeted. It would be worth trying to register even if you didn’t get an email though just in case your account is indeed targeted and they’d not sent you an email yet.
This isn’t the most generous offer ever, but it’s still a decent enough promo seeing as you don’t have to stay in two night increments to earn the bonus points – you could book two separate one night stays and earn 3,000 bonus points. IHG offers 10x points per dollar at most of their brands, so if the hotel you book costs $150 per night, this would be like earning double points on the first six nights during the promotion period.
If you’re considering booking a paid IHG stay during this time, it would be worth visiting IHG’s website now and doing a dummy booking (i.e. make it look like you’re going to make a reservation, but don’t actually do so) if you have the Capital One Shopping browser extension installed. Greg, Nick and I all received an email this week (Nick wrote about it here) from Capital One Shopping which included, among others, an offer for 24% cashback at IHG. I’d deliberately browsed IHG’s website for a stay this fall in the hopes that Capital One Shopping would do something like this. The fact that Greg and Nick got similar offers makes it seem like that email might’ve been triggered by something else, but the portal frequently sends ludicrously high offers based on my browsing habits, so it’s worth a try.
As it is, I have a stay at a Holiday Inn in a few weeks time. I’d booked it as an award stay as it was good value on points, especially when taking into account the 4th night free and 10% points rebate from having both the IHG Premier and IHG Select credit cards. I now have to do the math because the 24% cashback from Capital One Shopping and 9,000 bonus points from this new targeted promotion could make a paid stay more worthwhile.