American Express is targeting some Marriott cardholders with an offer to earn a total of 6x Bonvoy points on a range of travel expenses.
- Earn a total of 6x Bonvoy points in the following categories on Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express cards:
- Flights booked directly with airlines
- Gas at U.S. gas stations
- Transit, including purchases on taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, and buses
- Car rentals purchased directly from select car rental companies
- Direct link to registration.
- Enrollment available from July 14 to September 15, 2021.
- Bonused spend categories expire September 30, 2021.
- Limit 10,000 points per category.
This sadly seems to be a targeted offer because neither Greg nor I were able to enroll our Marriott cards in the offer. If you are targeted, earning 6x Marriott Bonvoy points in these categories could be useful depending on what other cards you have offering bonused spend for these types of expenses.
The limit of 10,000 points per category is also a pretty good limit. Assuming that the 10,000 point limit refers to bonus points (4x) rather than total points (6x), it means you’ll max out each category when spending $2,500.