|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
United has launched a new round of MilePlay promotions. These are targeted promotions aimed at encouraging bookings. The value of these promos really runs the gamut. A couple of years ago, I got targeted for a great offer that yielded 23,000 miles with 3 cheap trips. This time around, I’ve got an offer for just 3,000 miles, but I only need to book a single trip of $100 (YMMV as offers vary). It’s always worth registering just in case it becomes useful.
- Earn bonus United MileagePlus miles with targeted Mile Play promotion.
- Direct link to registration (enter membership number to see if you’re targeted).
- Registration required.
- Member must register for this promotion on or prior to December 15, 2022.
- Only transactions initiated after registration and completed on or prior to December 15, 2022 will qualify toward satisfaction of the offer requirements.
- Registrant must complete all activity specified in the offer to receive bonus award miles. Partial bonuses for completing only certain activity will not be awarded. Bonus award miles may only be earned once.
My offer this time isn’t exciting, though it might end up being easy to use as I’ve booked a few flights this week and I’ll keep an eye out in case the prices make it worth cancelling and rebooking. If you need to reach a specific spend threshold, you may find info helpful in this post from a couple of years ago where I show how I forced a certain fare class to spend enough to trigger my offer: How Nick nearly left 23K miles on the table – but didn’t.
Keep in mind that a “trip” can be a one-way, so you don’t necessarily need round trips if you book your trips separately. In my case, a single one-way will trigger my offer. Stephen’s offer is for 3,800 miles after registering, booking, and taking two trips of $175 or more — so booking a “round trip” as two separate one-ways would trigger his offer.
Let us know in the comments if you got any particularly interesting offers.