|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards has launched a new promotion that will be nicely rewarding if you’ll be staying 3+ nights at an eligible property before the end of September, although there is a catch – it’s not valid on stays in the US.
- Stay 3 nights at participating hotels in Europe, Africa, Eurasia or the Middle East & earn 15,000 Wyndham Rewards bonus points.
- Direct link to registration.
- To qualify for this bonus points offer (“Offer”), a Wyndham Rewards Member must:
- (i) first register for the Offer by completing the registration process on wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards, wyndhamhotels.com or any ofthe official brand websites of any participating Hotel Chain, or through the “My Promotions” section of his/her/their Wyndham Rewards Member account on wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards or the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts App, in each case, between January 24, 2023 and April 30, 2023 (any Member who registers in accordance with the foregoing requirements will occassionally be referred to in these Offer Terms as a “Registered Member”); then
- (ii) after registering but by April 30, 2023, book three (3) nights (either consecutive or nonconsecutive) that meet the requirements of a Qualified Stay at any participating hotel in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or Nepal on any Direct Booking Channel (as defined below), and complete such stay(s) by September 30, 2023 (the requirements set forth in this clause (ii), collectively, the “Qualifying Activity”).
- For purposes of these Offer Terms, “Direct Booking Channel” means:
- (a) www.wyndhamhotels.com/wyndham-rewards, wyndhamhotels.com or any of the official brand websites of the Hotel Chains;
- (b) the official toll free reservation number of Wyndham Rewards or any of the Hotel Chains;
- (c) onsite at a participating hotel, directly with such property; or
- (d) on the Wyndham Hotels & Resorts App.
- A Registered Member who completes the Qualifying Activity will receive fifteen thousand (15,000) Wyndham Rewards bonus points (the “Bonus”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Promotion Terms, there is a maximum of one (1) Bonus per Member. A Member will not receive the Bonus for a no-show. Qualified Stays are subject to certain restrictions and do not include third party online bookings; see the Program Terms for more information about Qualified Stays. The Bonus will usually be posted to an eligible Member’s Member account within two (2) to four (4) weeks following the completion of such Member’s Qualifying Activity. For clarity, any stay that begins before January 24, 2023 and/or ends after September 30, 2023 will not count towards this Offer. Members who have elected to earn airline miles/partner points in their Member profile will earn base miles/partner points in accordance with Program Terms and the Bonus in Wyndham Rewards points.
Wyndham Rewards is advertising this promotion as ‘Stay 3 Nights, Earn 2 Free’ but that’s a little misleading because what you actually earn is 15,000 bonus points. 15,000 points can indeed be redeemed for two free nights at some of their properties, but those tend to be lesser quality hotels where, in many cases, you’d be better off paying the $50 room rate than redeeming 7,500 points per night if you even wanted to stay in them at all.
Otherwise, 15,000 points can get you a free night at a majority of their properties, as well as a free night in a one bedroom Vacasa property. That’s a decent return seeing as the bonus points will be earned after staying only three nights and are on top of the base points you’ll earn.
The biggest potential downside is that this offer isn’t valid on stays in the US – it’s only for hotels in Europe, Africa, Eurasia and the Middle East, more specifically defined in the terms as ‘Europe, the Middle East, Africa, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh or Nepal’.
I was surprised that Wyndham would have any properties in Nepal and it turns out that they have one – the Ramada Encore by Wyndham Kathmandu Thamel. This property appears to be one of the exceptions to the rule that 7,500 point Wyndham properties aren’t places you’d like to stay at because this one looks quite nice by 7,500 point standards, at least judging by the photos anyway. Room rates on the dates I looked were ~$115 per night, so 7,500 points provides great value in comparison, although I’d probably be more inclined to stay at the category 1 Hyatt Regency if I was looking to book a property for few points in Kathmandu.