|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
There is a new targeted Chase Offer out today that is good for 15% back at IHG Hotels & Resorts when you spend $100 or more up to a maximum of $46 back on $306.67. Stack this with a shopping portal and the current IHG bonus offers and you could get a pretty solid deal if you have any upcoming stays.
- A new targeted Chase Offer is out that is good for 15% back on $100 or more (up to $46 back).
- Must stay by 6/24/21
- Offer valid at all IHG brands
This is a decent card-linked rebate, particularly since you could presumably link it to an IHG card and stack with a shopping portal. To be clear, the offer is targeted. I didn’t find it on any of my accounts, but Stephen did on his.
It could stack pretty nicely:
- Link this offer to an IHG Premier card if possible
- Click through a shopping portal to IHG. TopCashBack is offering 6% back at the time of writing.
- Use your IHG premier card to book and pay for the stay (you don’t need to book a prepaid rate. If you pay at the hotel, you won’t get the 6% back until after checkout)
- Make sure to register for any targeted offer you have received from IHG. Hopefully, you have the offer for a free night certificate after a single night. My offer is for a measly 5K points after one night.
- Check SimplyMiles to see if you have an IHG offer there. I had what appear to be stackable offers for 1,100 AA miles on an IHG booking of $100 or more and 875 miles on a booking of $100 or more at select brands (some brands offered even more miles but required a $200 booking). Note that SimplyMiles requires linking a Mastercard, but if you’re using your IHG card that should work (provided you link it).
Stack it together and use it on a $100 booking and you should be able to get:
- $15 back from this Chase Offer
- $6 back from TopCashBack
- 5,000 IHG points if targeted for the same poor offer as me (worth $30 according to our Reasonable Redemption Values)
- 1,875 American Airlines miles (worth $24.38 according to our RRVs) with SimplyMiles
- 1,000 IHG points on your credit card for using the IHG Premier (10x) (worth ~$6)
- 1,500 IHG points from earnings on paid stays as a Platinum member (you get this status with the credit card and earn 15x at most brands) (worth ~$9)
That’s a total of $21 cash, 7,500 IHG points, and 1,875 American Airlines miles. Adding up Reasonable Redemption Values is a little misleading since that’s not actual dollars and cents, but together this would make for a really fantastic rebate if you can stack it all. If you have a better targeted offer than I do, all the better.
Overall, this new Chase Offer by itself is a very good but not amazing incentive to book with IHG. Properly stacked, it can be part of a pretty incredible deal.