American Express Membership Rewards has added a 25% transfer bonus for Air France/KLM Flying Blue for transfers through 9/22/23.
- Get a 25% bonus when transferring American Express Membership Rewards to Air France/KLM Flying Blue.
Terms and Conditions.
- Expires 9/22/23.
Flying Blue has several sweet spots that can make them very attractive, with the caveat that fuel surcharges, while not British Airways gigantic, can be significant. That said, I’ve found way more “saver” space on Flying Blue over the last few months than with SkyTeam partners Delta and Virgin Atlantic, and sometimes the best business class ticket is the one you can actually book.
As always, it’s best to have a use in mind before transferring points.
- Air France Flying Blue Promo Rewards. Each month, Air France offers discounted award rates for a number of routes. Sometimes we see economy flights from the US to Europe available for less than 11,000 miles one-way.
- Fly to Israel for the same award price as to Europe. For example, you may see business class flights from the U.S. to Tel Aviv for as low as 55,000 miles one-way.
- Delta economy flights between the US and Hawaii for 17,500 miles one-way. Air France also has great award prices for Delta first class to Hawaii, but Delta rarely releases first class award space on its Hawaii routes.
- Air France awards usually incur taxes and fees.
- Award availability may be hard to find. Acquire Flying Blue miles only if you know that the awards you want are available.
- Flying Blue miles expire 2 years after they are earned. Keeping miles alive beyond two years is… weird:
- As long as you don’t credit any flying activity to your account, you can renew your miles by acquiring more miles through non-flight activity. For example, transferring miles from a transferable points program will renew these miles.
- If you earn miles by crediting flight activity to your account, then all of your miles become flight activity miles and can only be extended by taking an eligible flight (and crediting it to Flying Blue), or by being an elite member, or making a purchase with your Air France / KLM Flying Blue credit card.
- For more details, see: Air France’s Flying Blue miles are easier to extend than I thought
Other Transfer Bonuses
|Transfer From||Transfer Bonus Details||End Date|
|Choice Privileges||100% transfer bonus from Choice Privileges to United Airlines (still a bad deal)||2023/10/15|
|Citi||30% transfer bonus from Citi to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||2023/10/14|
|Capital One||Capital One: 15% Transfer Bonus to Avianca LifeMiles||2023/09/30|
|Chase||Chase Ultimate Rewards offering 50% transfer bonus to Marriott||2023/09/30|
|Chase||Chase Ultimate Rewards offering 30% transfer bonus to Avios||2023/09/22|
|Amex||25% Transfer Bonus from AMEX Membership Rewards to Air France/KLM Flying Blue||2023/09/22|