United Gateway Card
15K miles after $1K spend in first 3 months + 3x on groceries (up to $15K in purchases in your first 12 months)
Click here to learn how to apply
No Annual Fee
Card Type: Visa Signature
Earning rate: 3X on up to $15K in groceries in first 12 months ⚬ 2X United ⚬ 2X gas stations ⚬ 2X local transit and commuting
Noteworthy perks: Improved economy saver award availability ⚬ No foreign exchange fees ⚬ 25% back on United in-flight purchases
Chase Application Tips
- Shut-Down Caution: Signing up for new Chase cards can lead to Chase reviewing your accounts. This may lead to Chase shutting down all of your accounts if you appear to be a credit risk. See this post for details and recommendations: Why Chase shutdowns have increased and how to avoid them.
- 5/24 Rule: With most Chase cards, you won't get approved if your credit report shows 5 or more cards opened in the past 24 months. Details here.
- 24/48 Month Rule: With most Chase cards, you can get the same card and bonus again 24 months after having received the bonus as long as you no longer have the card open. With Sapphire cards, you must wait 48 months. No wait is required for Chase Ink cards.
- 30 Day Rule: It is tough to get approved for more than 2 Chase cards within 30 days
- Get Same Card Again: You can get the same exact card and again if you first cancel the older card and follow the 24/48 month rule. Ink cards are OK to get again without cancelling previous card if you apply with a new business.
- Better Offers: You may be able to get a better offer than the best available public offer. Details here.
- Hard inquiries combine into 1 when approved same day (not always true when mixing business and personal)
Call (888) 338-2586 to check your application status
If denied, call reconsideration here:1-888-270-2127 for both personal and business cards
Related Cards (United MileagePlus)