|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Aeroplan has announced an award sale that offers up to 25% off the points price of all Air Canada flights within Canada or between Canada and the US, Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean. The sale is valid between September 15, 2023, to September 29, 2023 for travel from September 15, 2023, to March 31, 2024.
- Aeroplan currently has an award sale for up to 25% of the points price of all Air Canada flights within North America.
- Must book between September 15, 2023, to September 29, 2023.
- Valid for travel from September 15, 2023, to March 31, 2024.
Terms and Conditions
- “Eligible Fares” means all redemption branded fares.
- “Eligible Scheduled Flight” means a flight operated by Air Canada® (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner and operated by Air Canada Rouge®). It does not include codeshare and interline flights.
- “Eligible Destination” means any destination Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge and Air Canada Express fly to, within Canada, to the U.S., Mexico, Central America or the Caribbean.
- “Offer” means discount of up to 25% when redeeming Aeroplan points on Eligible Scheduled Flights from Canada to an Eligible Destination during the Travel Period.
- “Offer Period” means the period between September 15, 2023, starting at 00:01 Newfoundland Time through to September 29, 2023, inclusively, ending at 23:59 Pacific Time.
- “Travel Period” means the period between September 15, 2023, starting at 00:01 local time through to March 31, 2024 inclusively, ending at 23:59 local time.
When I first saw the e-mail for this promo come through, I was pretty excited, as Aeroplan has a terrific list of over 50 partners and tends to have good availability. That thrill dissipated substantially when we realized that it’s only valid for awards on Air Canada metal. While Aeroplan’s partners awards are priced via a zone-based award chart, Air Canada flights are dynamically-priced, sometimes to our benefit, sometimes not. That makes it tough to see exactly what sort of discount you’re getting on a given flight.
Additionally, limiting the sale to travel from mid-September to the end of March takes out some of the more desirable times to visit the Great White North (although skiers and anyone who’s visited Montreal’s terrific Fêtes de Neiges or Québec City’s Winter Carnival might disagree).
Searching from my home airport of Seattle, I wasn’t able to find anything terribly compelling. The best values seemed to be economy flights to Toronto and Montreal that priced between 12-16k points one-way.
I’m sure that Canadians will find some good options for wintertime sun or holiday travel, but this award sale is probably less compelling for us Southerners.