|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.
There’s a new targeted Amex Offer out this morning for Alaska Airlines: Spend $500+, get $100 back. The $500 threshold can be reached in one or more purchases. It seems to be widely targeted as my wife and I each had it on several cards.
- A new targeted Amex Offer is out for Alaska Airlines: Spend $500+ (in one or more purchases), get $100 back
- Enrollment required
- Expires 11/14/2022
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on purchases made directly at US website alaskaair.com or via the U.S. Alaska Airlines app.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories and purchases must be in U.S. dollars to qualify.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Alaska Airlines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees and baggage fees.
- Excludes in flight spend, flights booked via third parties and electronic gift cards. Excludes hotel, car services, packages and travel insurance purchased via Alaska Air website, insurance, Alaska trips, Company store, uniform purchases, Alaska Lounge membership, Alaska Lounge merchandise and day passes, purchase of points/miles, Alaska Airlines Freight and Alaska Lounges/Boardrooms at various locations.
- You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 11/14/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
This is a nice deal to sync up if you have upcoming travel to book on Alaska as it’s rare to be able to save a chunk like this on airfare. The ability to spread the offer across multiple purchases makes it even better.
It’s also possible to turn this offer into Alaska wallet funds, since Alaska currently doesn’t have a change/cancellation fee on main cabin fares. Simply pay for $500+ of main cabin airfare using the card with the offer and then cancel after 24 hours have passed from booking. The charge will stay on the card and the refund will be issued as mobile wallet funds. These funds can then be used at a later date and/or in concert with the annual Alaska companion fare. Note that the wallet funds expire one year from issue, but if you aren’t certain than you can use the funds within a year, you probably shouldn’t do it in the first place :).