|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Amazon has launched a targeted deal ahead of Prime Day which offers up to 50% off up to $100 of spend when paying with at least 1 Membership Rewards point.
- Spend $100 on items shipped & sold by Amazon & get $50 off when paying with at least 1 Membership Rewards point, or
- Spend $50 on items shipped & sold by Amazon & get $20 off when paying with at least 1 Membership Rewards point.
- Direct link to offer (our affiliate link).
- Direct link to enroll in Shop With Points (our affiliate link).
- Direct link to gift cards on Amazon (our affiliate link).
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 10/14/2020, or (b) the time at which 40,000 customers have redeemed the offer.
- The promotion button will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $100 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $50 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $50.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
This appears to be a highly targeted promotion, so hopefully you have more luck than my wife and I. If you do have this offer on your account, it’s a great deal as it means you can save up to 40% or 50% depending on which version of the offer you receive.
This is valid on items shipped and sold by Amazon. That requirement can make it a little tricky to use on merchandise as I’ve found oftentimes that even if an item is shipped by Amazon, it’s sold by a third party reseller and so isn’t eligible for the discount.
It’s still easy to get the discount though because it’s valid on third party gift cards. You can therefore lock in the 40% or 50% discount by buying a gift card, but it’d be worth doing that ASAP if you’re targeted because this promotion is due to end after 40,000 people have used it.
How To Use This Offer
To use this offer, you need to ensure at least one of your Amex cards which earns Membership Rewards is enrolled in Shop With Points using the link above. When checking out, it’ll give you the option to pay with Membership Rewards points. In the box where you select how many points to use, change the figure to ‘0.01’ so that it only uses one point, with the balance being paid with your credit card. You don’t want to use any more points than that though because paying for the entire order with Membership Rewards is poor value.