|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Wyndham Rewards is offering a 25% discount on points through November 12, 2021. With this sale, you can buy up to 45,000 points at a cost of 0.975c per point. While we never recommend buying points speculatively, these points could be quite useful for Vacasa vacation rentals.
- Valid through November 12, 2021
- Get 25% off on purchases of points. (this results in a cost of 0.975 cents per point)
- You can purchase up to 45,000 points per calendar year
- Offer link
- Should you buy Wyndham points?
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired August 25, 2021
- 35% bonus (Buy points for 0.96 cents each with an increased cap of 120K pre-bonus). Expired June 30, 2021.
- 25% discount (Buy points for 0.975 cents each). Expired May 31, 2021.
- 40% bonus (Buy points for 0.93 cents each). Expired May 11, 2020.
- Book Vacasa properties for only 15,000 points per bedroom (see this post for more details)
- Wyndham Rewards has three redemption tiers – 7,500, 15,000 and 30,000. Seeing as these are fixed, they can be great value when room prices are extremely high (e.g. during special events).
- Book Go Fast rewards – these is Wyndham’s Cash + Points option and can get you outsized value for the small number of points you have to redeem. See Greg’s calculations for examples.
Things to know:
- When you book nights with points, you will not earn points for the stay.
- Most hotel taxes are not charged on award stays, so this can make the value of buying points even better. Arguably, this factor and the one above roughly cancel each other out.
- Resort fees are waived on award stays. This alone can make it worthwhile to use points instead of cash for your bookings.
This could definitely be worth it if you’re booking 1-bedroom Vacasa vacation rentals (see my review of the cabin I rented in the Pigeon Forge, Tennessee area as an example). Keep in mind though that Wyndham ordinarily only allows you to buy 45K points per year, so you’ll only be able to buy enough for 3 nights. If you don’t have an immediate use in mind, it may be worth waiting because a few months ago they offered a sale with an increased cap of 120K points. It might be worth waiting for one of those bonuses now that Wyndham is offering sales on points more regularly.