|Card Details and Application Link|
Discover it Miles - Double Miles your first year
Get $100 after first purchase. All "miles" earned in first 12 months will be doubled. This makes this a 3% cash back card for the first year.
Click Here to Apply
No Annual Fee
FM Mini Review: Great card to get for its first year 3% cash back.
Card Type: Discover
<!–– qBaseq -->
Earning rate: 1.5 miles per dollar for all spend.
Noteworthy perks: ⚬ No foreign transaction fees ⚬ Redeem miles for travel or for cash back (1 cent per mile either way)
See also: Discover introduces a new card and a potentially VERY lucrative 1st year offer
Discover Application Tips Click here to check your application status
Discover Application Tips
Click here to check your application status
Discover It Miles
Frequent Miler is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CardRatings.com, but we always show the best public offer even when we don't earn a commission . This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers. For additional details, see our Advertiser Disclosure.
[…] instead: The Discover IT Miles card if you can get it. Thanks to Discover’s first year cash back match program, that card […]
Discover It Miles link is not working.
Fixed. Plus, good news: the welcome bonus is up to $100 now! (prev $50)
[…] of return, but if you can get a card that earns more than 2% cash back in the first year (like the Discover IT Miles card or Alliant Cashback card or BOA Premium Rewards card with Platinum Honors), you could earn […]
[…] you’ll come out ahead by $300 per year. Overall it would be similar to signing up for the Discover It Miles card which effectively offers 3% cash back in your first year of card membership, but ZeroCard may offer […]
[…] Discover IT Miles […]
[…] could be a really compelling return. Of course, this card essentially duplicates the offer on the Discover it Miles card, which earns 1.5 “miles” per dollar (worth 1.5 cents) and doubles at the end of […]
[…] Discover It Miles card: 3% cash back first year (1.5% cash back is doubled at end of year) […]
[…] even if you used a card that earns 3% back in the first year (like the Alliant Cashback card or a Discover IT Miles card), you wouldn’t be ahead of 2.49% APR due to compound […]
[…] most Disney purchases at most Disney parks). You could do even better for the first year with the Discover IT Miles card, which earns 1.5% back everywhere, but will be doubled at the end of the first year (good […]
Re: the “Discover It Miles” card…
I have the “Discover It” card (not the Discover it Miles card) and the first year of membership is in February. As you know, this card earns 1% cash back which they double at the end of the first year. This card also has quarterly categories that pay 5%. This is also doubled at the end of the first year.
1. I never heard about the “Discover It Miles” card until I saw it mentioned on your post about paying estimated tax with a credit/debit card. I then clicked on that link to learn more. How long has it been around?
2. At the end of the first year of my current Discover It card, I’m considering getting the Discover It Miles card to earn the 1.5% (effectively 3% for the first year). This card doesn’t have the 5% category spend but in your opinion would I be ahead in getting the Discover It Miles card? The Disco er It card (the one I have now) will only pay 1% (not doubled after the first year) but will offer the 5% category spend … which I max out the $1,500 per year category limit for gas. Neither card have annual fees.
3. Discover’s site says either miles or cash back can be received.
(1) What kind of miles are they? Where can they be used?
(2) HOW is the cash back received, i.e. can it be received as a direct deposit to my bank account, or does it HAVE to be a statement credit. Statement credit isn’t good because, as with the Citi Double Cash card, if you choose statement credit, you don’t get the additional 1% on that money (as you know this card pays 1% when the charge is made, and an additional 1% when the card is paid by the card holder).
Thank you very much for your help. Likely both my wife and I will get this card (through your site of course).
1) Since Feb 2015. https://frequentmiler.com/2015/02/19/discover-introduces-a-new-card-and-a-potentially-very-lucrative-1st-year-offer/
2) No reason not to get both. You can use the Discover It card for it’s 5% categories and use Discover It Miles everywhere else in order to earn 3%
(1) Their “miles” are really just pennies that can be redeemed one for one for pennies.
(2) You can move the rewards directly to your bank account. 10,000 “miles” equals $100
[…] on their first year increased point earning signup offers: the Amex Blue for Business Card, the Discover It Miles Card, and the BB&T Spectrum Rewards Visa. Update: Some of these offers have […]
[…] Alliant Credit Union has launched an exciting new credit card: Alliant Cashback Visa Signature Card. In the first year, Alliant waives the annual fee and offers 3% cash back for all purchases. But, that’s not what makes this card exciting. After all, we already get no annual fee, plus $30 in annual flight credits, plus 3% cash back first year from the Discover It Miles card. […]
I had a discover card that was converted to an it card, without any request by me. Think i’ll qualify for this it miles 2x bonus?
Yes, they treat the Discover It and Discover It Miles cards as separate products. You may have to call after applying to push your application through since you already have a Discover card.
[…] similar, but simpler offer is with the Discover It Miles Card. The signup bonus for that card is simply the doubling of all of your first year earnings. So, […]
Does this card ever offer a bonus upon sign-up?
Not really. The first year double miles is considered the signup bonus.