It’s been awhile since we’ve seen an Amex offer for IHG, but there’s a new one that just dropped, giving $40 cash back when you spend at least $200 across almost all of IHG’s brands. The spend requirement is additive, so it can be on more than one transaction, and the total spend must be reached by August 31, 2022 in order to trigger the offer.
- Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $200 in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts from 6/3/2022 to 8/31/2022. Book at IHG.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Reservations must be made directly through IHG online at IHG.com, by calling 1-877-424-2449, or via the IHG® App .
- Excludes The Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, The Palazzo® at the Venetian® Resort Las Vegas, IHG® Army Hotels, and Mr. & Mrs. Smith properties.
- Not valid for gift cards or IHG One Rewards points purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 8/31/2022.
It’s been a long time since we’ve seen an Amex offer for IHG, which makes sense given that Chase issues all of IHG’s credit cards. While the terms officially exclude gift cards, normally these offers can be triggered by buying a gift card from the front desk of a hotel. That said, most IHG hotels won’t sell gift cards at the front desk, with the notable exception of Kimpton. Do be aware that Kimpton gift cards can’t be used at other IHG brands…just Kimpton.
If you have paid stays with IHG, this is an obvious winner and it’s widely targeted…I have it on almost all of my Amex cards. Be sure to register for IHG’s current promotion before your stay(s).
Other recent articles about IHG: