Marriott Homes & Villas has an Amex Offer that could score you up to $200 back on a vacation rental stay of $1000+. These rentals earn both elite nights and Marriott Bonvoy points and this Amex Offer will stack with another promotion that Homes & Villas is running that offers 10,000 Marriott points for 4+ night stays that are booked before 3/11/23.
- Earn 10,000 points on all Marriott Home and Villas bookings of 4+ nights. Must book by 3/11/23 and complete travel by 5/14/23.
- Get a $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott properties from 1/17/2023 to 5/31/2023. Book at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
Terms and Conditions (Amex Offer)
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties. Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
Terms and Conditions (10,000 Bonus Points Offer)
- A “stay” is defined as four (4) or more consecutive nights spent at the same property.
- Registration is not required for this promotion.
- Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 10,000 bonus points per eligible paid stay at a participating home rental booked between February 20, 2023 (12:01 AM EST) – March 11,2023 (11:59 PM EST) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy website (“HVMB Platform”). Stays of four (4) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning February 20, 2023, up to and including nights stayed on or before May 14, 2023.
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMB Platform.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMB Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMB Platform: however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program and do not participate in this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where Points are redeemed for a portion of, or the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21–42 days) following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
This is the most recent in a series of stackable Homes & Villas offers and it could have the potential to be decent, given the combination of 5x base points, a 10,000 points bonus AND a stack with a widely-targeted Homes & Villas Amex offer that gives $200 back when spending $1000+.
You normally pay 50% at the time of booking with Marriott Homes & Villas and 50% after the cancellation window closes. This offer allows you to reach the $1000 limit in more than one purchase so it would be possible to hit the Amex Offer even if the initial 50% charge is under $1000.
Let’s say you book a 4 night stay before the 10,000 promo ends on 3/11. Your stay costs a total of $1000 and the dates are sometime before 5/14. You’d be charged $500 at booking and then you’d be charged the remaining $500 when the cancellation window closes (normally 14 days before the stay, but check the individual property rules). This would then trigger the Amex credit for $200 back.
Upon checking out you’d get 5x + 10,000 pts on the room charges, not counting any elite or credit card bonus you may have. You don’t earn points on fees and taxes. If the charges on this stay were $800 before adding those in, you’d get 14,000 points + any additional points you normally earn from elite status or credit cards.
That may not be anything that’s worth making a special booking for, but it’s definitely worth comparing Homes & Villas rates if you already have plans to use a vacation rental sometime between now and the end of the year.
Here are all current hotel promotions:
|Hotel Chain||Promotion Details||End Date|
|Best Western||Best Western: Earn 10k points per stay on up to 10 stays (Book by 12/3/23 for stays through 2/4/24)||12/03/23|
|Hyatt||Hyatt promo: Double points, extra savings & free breakfast (depending on region)||12/05/23|
|Marriott||Marriott fall promo: Earn 1,500 points per stay + 3,000 points per 3 brands||12/06/23|
|Wyndham||Decent Wyndham All-Inclusive Promo: Earn 5x Points + Get $100 Property Credit||12/18/23|
|Hilton||Hilton Promo 2023 Q4: 2x or 3x Hilton Honors points||12/31/23|
|IHG||IHG promo: Earn 2,000 bonus points for every 2 nights you stay through 12/31/23||12/31/23|
|Wyndham||Wyndham promo: Earn 3x points on stays of 2+ nights (ends 1/15/24)||01/15/24|
|Best Western||Best Western Promo: Get a $100 Gift Card after staying 3 nights||02/04/24|