|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Update 8/5/22 – Marriott Homes & Villas has just re-launched the double points promotion and it’s now valid for bookings made by 8/25/22 for stays through the end of February 2023.
There is another Amex Offer out for Marriott Homes & Villas that could score you up to $200 back on a vacation rental stay of $1000+. The offer is $100 back on a purchase of $500+, but it can be used two times. Since Marriott Homes and Villas charges you 50% up front and then 50% once the cancellation window for the property closes, it should be fairly easy to double-dip the offer on the same property.
These rentals earn both elite nights and Marriott Bonvoy points, so this Amex Offer will stack with another promotion that Homes & Villas is running that offers double Marriott points (10x total) for 3+ night stays that are booked before
- Earn 2x points on all Marriott Home and Villas bookings of 3+ nights. Book by
7/29/228/25/22 and travel by 2/28/23.
- Get a $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $500 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott properties from 7/11/2022 to 10/31/2022. Book at homesandvillasbymarriott.com. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $200). Must enroll card prior to making purchase.
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties. Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $200 back) per Card Member.
This Homes & Villas offer has the potential to be fairly decent, given the combination of 2x base points (a total of 10x points/dollar) AND a stack with a widely-targeted Homes & Villas Amex offer that gives $100 back when spending $500 (but up to two times).
You normally pay 50% at the time of booking with Marriott Homes & Villas and 50% after the cancellation window closes, so it would be possible to double-dip the Amex Offer if you’re targeted and book a property with a cancellation window that closes before the offer expires on 10/31.
Let’s say you book a 4 night stay before the 2x promo ends on 8/25. Your stay costs a total of $1000 and the dates are sometime before the end of October. You’d be charged $500 at booking (which would trigger the first use of the Amex offer) and then you’d be charged the remaining $500 when the cancellation window closes (normally 14 days before the stay, but check the individual property rules). This would trigger the second use of the Amex credit for a total of $200 off.
Upon checking out you’d get 10x on the room charges (5x standard + 5x bonus), not counting any elite or credit card bonus you may have. If the charges on this stay were $800 before fees and taxes, you’d get 8,000 points + any additional points from elite status or credit cards.
While that’s not anything that’s worth making a special booking for, it’s definitely worth comparing Homes & Villas rates if you already have plans to use a vacation rental sometime between now and the end of October. Marriott Home & Villas just ran a different promotion in June for 2x Points + a free night award on a 5+ night stay, so even if you can’t book before 8/25, it’s worth adding the Amex offer now, just in case we see another, better promotion in September/October (since the Amex offer is valid until the end of October).
Here are all current hotel promotions:
|Hotel Chain||Promotion Details||End Date|
|Marriott||Marriott Promo: Earn Up To 4k Points Per Stay, But Only If You Stay 2+ Times||12/15/22|
|Hyatt||New Hyatt promo for double points or double nights||12/20/22|
|Marriott||Marriott Promo: Earn 2,000 Bonus Points Per Night At Courtyard Properties (But Beware Higher Prices)||12/31/22|
|IHG||IHG 2k Or 10k Promo: Earn 2k Points Every 2 Nights Or 10k Points Every 4 Nights||12/31/22|
|Hilton||Hilton Honors Fall Promo: 2x points on all stays, 2,000 extra for midweek checkouts||12/31/22|
|Hilton||Hilton Offering Double Elite Nights On Stays Through End Of 2022||12/31/22|
|Wyndham||Wyndham Rewards Promo: Earn Triple Points On Stays Of 2+ Nights||1/16/23|