There is another Amex Offer out for Marriott Homes & Villas that could offers $200 back when you make one or more purchases that total $1000+. Marriott Homes and Villas charges you 50% up front and then 50% once the cancellation window for a property closes, so you can use both charges to trigger the offer on the same property (provided the second charge happens before 5/31/23).
These rentals earn both elite nights and Marriott Bonvoy points, so this Amex Offer will stack with another promotion that Homes & Villas is running that offers double Marriott points (10x total) for 2+ night stays that are booked before 1/25/23.
- Earn 2x points on all Marriott Home and Villas bookings of 2+ nights. Book by 1/25/23 and travel by 4/30/23.
- Get a $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott properties from 1/17/2023 to 5/31/23. Book at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
Terms and Conditions
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties. Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
- Limit of 1 statement credit (total of $200 back) per Card Member.
This Homes & Villas offer has the potential to be fairly decent, given the combination of 2x base points (a total of 10x points/dollar) AND a stack with a widely-targeted Homes & Villas Amex offer that gives $200 back when spending $1000+.
You normally pay 50% at the time of booking with Marriott Homes & Villas and 50% after the cancellation window closes, so it would be possible to double-dip the Amex Offer and the H&V promo if you’re targeted and book a property with a cancellation window that closes before the Marriott offer expires on 4/30.
Let’s say you book a 4 night stay before the 2x promo ends on 1/25. Your stay costs a total of $1000 and the dates are sometime before the end of April. You’d be charged $500 at booking and then you’d be charged the remaining $500 when the cancellation window closes (normally 14 days before the stay, but check the individual property rules). This would trigger the Amex credit for a total of $200 off.
Upon checking out you’d get 10x on the room charges (5x standard + 5x bonus), not counting any elite or credit card bonus you may have. If the charges on this stay were $800 before fees and taxes, you’d get 8,000 points + any additional points from elite status or credit cards.
While that’s not anything that’s worth making a special booking for, it’s definitely worth comparing Homes & Villas rates if you already have plans to use a vacation rental sometime between now and the end of April. Marriott Home & Villas runs promotions fairly frequently (like this one for 2x Points + a free night award on a 5+ night stay), so even if you can’t book before 1/25, it’s worth adding the Amex offer now, just in case we see another, better promotion in March/April (since the Amex offer is valid until the end of May).
Here are all current hotel promotions:
If P1 and P2 have the offer on their Amex cards, and the total is $2000, can you split payment between their cards?
Theoretically, yes, but I’ve never seen any way of actually reaching a phone rep to carry it out. You can’t do it online.
Can I make one booking for 2 nights x $350 = $700, and then a separate booking for 2 nights x $200 = $400, and still get $200 back in credits for spending a total of $1100?
Until you actually look at the pricing of these properties when you will decide – uh, this ain’t a deal with or without the rebate. Sorry, these are wasteful spending properties.
I see many Marriott home and villas charge refundable security deposit. Will Amex claw back after the refund if the final charges drop below $500 or $1000.
That’s a possibility, for sure. I’d try to stay away from that situation, if possible.
not bad at all…i guess stack with 1.5% CB rakuten 😛
Love the way you’re thinking!