My points and elite nights have finally posted from my two stays at Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort. Thanks to Hyatt’s Bonus Journey’s promotion, my stay was eligible for double elite nights and quadruple points. This is a quick post to share some of the details, along with how to read the bonus information from your Hyatt account’s “Past Activity”…
After logging into my Hyatt account from the web, selecting “My Account”, and clicking on “Past Activity,” I found the above information. I had two separate 6 night stays at Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort. For brevity, I included only the most recent stay in the details shown above.
What it all means…
- Bonus Nights – Bonus Journeys: These two lines show the bonus elite nights earned from my two stays. I have no idea why they were credited as 2 nights and 10 nights, but the total: 12 bonus nights is correct (since I earned a total of 12 base nights from stays).
- Qualifying Nights – 6: Each stay resulted in 6 qualifying “base” nights. This was a welcome surprise because I had booked “Stay 3, Pay 2” rates and so I had expected to automatically earn only 4 nights per stay and to have to request the extra 2. I was very happy to see that the free nights qualified automatically.
- Qualifying Spend – $1,208.35: This includes the base room rate and food charged to my room, but does not include hotel taxes and fees.
- Points Earned
- Base Points/Miles – 6,042: The base earning rate for Hyatt points is 5 points per dollar based on qualifying spend. $1,208.35 x 5 points/$ = 6,042 points.
- Globalist 30% Bonus – 1,813: Globalist members earn a 30% bonus on top of base points earned. 6,042 x 3 = 1,813.
- Q3/Q4 Global Promo 2020 – 12,084: This is where things may get a little confusing. The promo offers either triple points or quadruple points, so why did I get only double points here? The reason is that the base points are already accounted for above and so once you add in the double points listed here, you get to a total of triple points.
- HyCard Resort Bonus 2020 – 6,042: Vacation Rentals at Wild Dunes Resort is one of the qualifying resorts that earns quadruple points (instead of triple points) from Hyatt’s Bonus Journeys promo, but only if you have a Hyatt credit card. I do. If you stay at a Hyatt that isn’t on the qualifying list or if you don’t have a Hyatt card, you won’t see this line at all in your Hyatt activity.
- Total Points/Miles – 25,981: Since this stay qualified for quadruple points and since I’m entitled to a 30% bonus as a Globalist elite, I expected to earn 6,042 x 4 + 6,042 x 0.3 points. That adds up as follows: 24,168 + 1,813 = 25,981. Correct!