|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
If you’re interested in visiting Europe this spring, can pack light and don’t mind flying in economy, Norwegian is offering 20% off flights from the US to Europe when using promo code LOVESPRING2020. You’ll need to be quick though as flights have to be booked by February 13, 2020.
- Save 20% on flights from the US to Europe on Norwegian.
- Direct link to offer.
- Book by February 13, 2020 11:59 PM and use the campaign code LOVESPRING2020.
- Travel period is March 1, 2020 – May 31, 2020.
- Discount is valid on Economy, non-Flexible fares only; discount is applied to the base fare and valid on select routes.
- All advertised fares are charged per person, per one way flight and include all mandatory taxes and charges.
- Advertised fares are from the standard inventory and are available on the advertised routes/days until all seats in the advertised fare category for the advertised route/days are sold.
- Availability of the fares advertised for each scheduled flight is limited. On certain days there might be few or no available seats and/or flights with the advertised discount.
- Fares and seat availability on the website are updated continuously and may vary to be less or more than the advertised fares. Please see the low fare calendar for exact rates.
- Restrictions and other optional services and additional baggage charges may apply.
- Child discount is not applicable on sale campaigns.
- Valid on flights from the following airports:
Greg and I both flew with Norwegian last year as part of 40k To Far Away. I flew with them intra-Europe on a couple of flights, whereas Greg flew with them from New York to Madrid. Both of us had surprisingly good experiences, with Greg’s experience being more applicable here seeing as it’s transatlantic flights that are valid for 20% off with the LOVESPRING2020 coupon code.
When doing a search on Norwegian’s site for flights from JFK to Amsterdam, they already offered some fairly low-priced options, with the best fares being in March.
The total round trip price would be $329.80 when selecting the $144.90 outbound and $184.90 return legs.
Those are the prices before the discount though. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page where you select which of that day’s flights you want, there’s a box to enter the promo (campaign) code.
That lowered the total cost to $282.50 which isn’t bad for a round trip to Europe.
Having said that, it’s somewhat comparable to prices you can get on those same exact dates when searching on Google Flights.
The screenshot above doesn’t tell the whole story though, as there are more than 35 different flights available from New York to Amsterdam for $325 or less on United, American, Swiss and Lufthansa. Many of them leave the US at a much more reasonable time than the 1:05am flight with Norwegian, although all of those were one and two stop routings, whereas only Norwegian and that one United flight above are nonstop.
Interestingly, the same Norwegian flight which cost $329.80 before the promo code when booking directly was found by Google Flights for $305.
Unfortunately that price wasn’t available when clicking through to Norwegian; it was only if you booked through two separate OTAs that you’d get the $305 price which means the LOVESPRING2020 promo code couldn’t be used to discount the $305 price any lower.
If you’re happy traveling in economy to Europe this spring, this promotion is worth considering, but be sure to check Google Flights in case you can get better prices and/or flight times elsewhere. Also check the baggage allowances for each airline as Norwegian only allows you to have one bag measuring 30 x 20 x 38 cm (11.8 x 7.9 x 14.96 inches) and weighing less than 10kg (22 lb) on their lowest fares.