My wife and I stayed one night at the Villa Copenhagen before the start of a terrific food tour of Denmark. We booked this stay through American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts, but the hotel can also be booked with Choice Privileges points. This turned out to be a fantastic choice for our one-night stay, and we would have loved to have stayed longer.
Villa Copenhagen Bottom Line Review
Villa Copenhagen is an excellent hotel in an excellent location in Copenhagen. Our deluxe room was stylish and comfortable, and breakfast was terrific.
- Price: We booked one night through Fine Hotels and Resorts (FHR) in order to make use of the American Express Platinum‘s $200 credit. We paid $384 and received $200 back thanks to our Platinum card. As an FHR booking, this hotel offers excellent value. They provided $100 in food and beverage credits, free breakfast, and 4pm late check-out.
- Point Price: The same hotel is available through Choice Privileges for 40,000 points per night. For that price, you can pick any available room other than a suite, so I’d recommend picking the Deluxe King (which is the highest price non-suite room). When cash rates are high, this can be very good value, but when base-room rates are below $400 per night, you may be better off booking through a luxury or preferred partner hotel program such as Fine Hotels & Resorts or Virtuoso in order to get extra perks like we did. The risk with that approach is that if the hotel is near capacity you may not get upgraded to a Deluxe room.
- Location: Excellent. The hotel is steps away from Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen’s Central Station.
- Resort/Destination Fee: None.
- Fine Hotel and Resorts Benefits:
- Room Upgrade: We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a deluxe King.
- Free Breakfast: Fantastic breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelets and chef-prepared pastries.
- Property Credit: $100 in food and beverage. This was nearly enough for an excellent dinner at the hotel on the night we checked in.
- Early Check-in: We could have checked in early but didn’t arrive until close to 4pm.
- Free WiFi
- Late Checkout: 4PM. We were asked at check-in if we would like late checkout the next day. Yep! Fortunately, the key continued to work without trouble even after noon.
- Would I stay again? Yep. The location is excellent and it’s a terrific place to use Fine Hotel & Resort credits that come with Amex Platinum cards.
Pros and Cons
- Excellent location
- Great breakfast
- Stylish and comfortable rooms
- The outdoor pool and bar look great (but I didn’t get a chance to try them)
- With Choice points you can book directly into a Deluxe Room for the same price as a standard room.
- Hotel is very close to the train station. If you get a room on the train-track side, it might be noisy.
- Rooms are fairly small.
Deluxe King Bedroom
Heated rooftop pool & bar