Choice Privileges is making a run at consecutive week mentions on Frequent Miler on the Air, this time with a crazy promotion that made me do a double-take and re-read it: Choice is offering 8,000 bonus points if you stay a weekend (consecutive Friday and Saturday night), but check out the booking terms:
Register below to earn 8k bonus points when you book a consecutive 2-night (Friday and Saturday night) minimum stay at participating hotels between March 18 and March 26, 2021 and complete the stay between March 19 and March 28, 2021. Book and stay for both weekends and double your rewards!
For a minute, I thought that this must have been a mistake in the dates — surely they weren’t advertising a promotion to earn bonus points by staying for a weekend over a time period that only includes two weekends. But sure enough, it goes on to say that if you stay for both included weekends, you can double your rewards. Wow, Choice! How generous of you!
- Choice Privileges is offering 8,000 bonus points when you stay both Friday and Saturday March 19th & 20th or March 26th & 27th.
- Direct link to this promotion (note that you must register before check-out)
- *Registration required at www.choicehotels.com/choice-privileges/promo/flash-sale-2 before check-out.
- The promotion is only available to members of the Choice Privileges® Rewards Program who register for this promotion, and then make a qualifying stay at participating hotels
- WoodSpring Suites® hotels and Ascend Hotel Collection ® all-inclusive resorts and casinos, among others, are not participating.
- Members must stay Friday, March 19th AND Saturday, March 20, 2021, OR Friday, March 26 AND Saturday, March 27, 2021 to qualify for the promotion.
- A two-night minimum length of stay is required to qualify for the promotion. A “stay” is any number of consecutive nights at one hotel regardless of check-ins or check- outs.
- A “qualifying stay” is a stay that is during this promotion at a participating hotel through a qualifying channel (see Qualifying Channel, below) that is eligible to earn Choice Privileges points.
- Most stays are eligible to earn Choice Privileges points EXCEPT: rooms booked at rates below $40 USD per night, certain hotel-initiated promotions, reward night stays, complimentary rooms, rooms paid for as part of a convention or meeting, rooms booked through a travel agent or third-party online retailer including online travel agencies, wholesale packages, group tours, and stays booked using the employee discount or the friends and family discount.
- Available to U.S. residents only.
I really don’t get what they’re looking for here: I have to imagine that most people who are actually planning to travel either the weekend that starts tomorrow or the one that starts like eight days from now have likely already made their plans. I doubt that 8,000 Choice Privileges points are going to convince many people that the time is writing for a Quality Inn getaway, but I could be wrong (no disrespect to the quality Quality Inns out there).
Keep in mind that you must be paying a rate of at least $40 per night before tax to earn Choice points. In this case, the 8,000 points you earn via this promotion is actually in addition to the base points you earn (which is not always the case with Choice Privileges promotions).
Oh yeah– and don’t forget about the excluded hotels. WoodSpring Suites® hotels and Ascend Hotel Collection ® all-inclusive resorts and casinos, among others, are not participating. No word on which “others” they are among, so close your eyes and cross your fingers and hope — which is basically what I’m doing when I check into a domestic Choice Privileges property anyway I guess (the Hotel Napa Valley and the Cambria Suites LAX notwithstanding).