|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Yet again the Point Debit Card is back with a very good spending offer: get 10x (10% back) at coffee shops before 11:59pm PDT on October 3, 2021 up to 5,000 points on $500 in purchases during this offer period. If this week is your turn to buy coffee for the office, you’re in luck as this is quite a good return on spend.
- The Point Debit Card is offering 10x points (10% back) on purchases at coffee shops through 10/3/21 (up to 5,000 points / $50 back on $500).
- If you’re new to the Point debit card and want to sign up, feel free to use one of our links with our thanks. The current deal is to get 10,000 points – worth $100 – after spending $1,000 in the first 30 days, but given the now $99 annual fee, the current moment isn’t the most attractive offer they’ve run. See this post for more detail).
- Offer valid until 11:59pm PDT on 10/3/21
- Coffee shop purchases will receive 1x automatically and a bonus 9x after the offer period
- Valid on goods purchases at most coffee shops including Starbucks, Peet’s, Dunkin’, La Colombe, etc.
- Excludes physical and electronic gift cards
- Not valid on purchases made through third-party retailers, websites, or mobile applications
- Each cardholder can earn up to a maximum of 5,000 points on eligible purchases during this offer period
While most readers probably have a credit card that earns a decent category bonus on dining, in most cases the category bonus probably can’t beat 10% back (the Platinum Resy new cardholder offer is a notable exception). This is only valid for a few days, but still a good deal if you’re going to spend a bunch on International Coffee Day (I guess that’s a thing?) this Friday. On the other hand, Point is also offering 15x on Uber Eats purchases through 10/3, so if your coffee shop is available on Uber Eats that may be an even better deal depending on pricing.
Keep in mind that Point awards 1x points initially and then adds the 9x bonus points after the offer period. I’m not sure whether reloading your Starbucks balance will work — as per the terms, purchases made through mobile applications might not work. YMMV.