|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
Air Canada’s Aeroplan is out with a 100% bonus on purchased points until January 25th. This makes it possible to buy Air Canada Aeroplan points for only 1.3 cents each.
Aeroplan points sales have a tiered structure where you get a larger discount when you buy more points. In this case, you have to buy a minimum of 60,000 points to get the full 100% bonus.
Past Aeroplan points sales
- August 20th – September 3rd, 2022, Aeroplan sold points with an 85% bonus
- July 8 – July 20, 2022, Aeroplan sold points with a 100% bonus
- May 9 – May 20, 2022, Aeroplan sold points with an 85% bonus
- March 9 until March 22, 2022, Aeroplan sold points with up to a 100% bonus
- January 27 until February 2, 2022, Aeroplan sold points with up to a 100% bonus
- July 19, 2021 until July 30, 2021, Aeroplan sold points with up to an 80% bonus
- May 7 at 10:00 am ET until May 13, Aeroplan sold points with up to a 115% bonus (from 1c per point)
- You must buy 60,000 points or more in order to get the 100% bonus:
- Buy 4,000 – 29,000 points, get a 50% bonus
- Buy 30,000 – 59,000 points, get a 60% bonus
- Buy 50,000 – 500,000 points, get a 100% bonus
- Purchase is through Points.com (so you will not earn bonus points by paying with a card that bonuses travel purchases)
- If you buy 60,000 points (the minimum required for the 100% bonus), you’ll get a total of 120,000 points and you’ll pay $2,100 CAD (~$1,560 USD).
Best Uses for Aeroplan Points
- Add Stopovers for 5,000 miles: There's great value in the Aeroplan due to the ability to add a stopover on a one-way award for 5,000 additional miles, making it possible to combine two destinations on one award.
- Lap Infants: Lap infants are just $25 CAD or 2,500 miles per direction (far cheaper than what most programs charge).
- Travel within US and Canada: Aeroplan charges 6K to 22.5K miles each way in economy class or 15K to 35K miles each way in business class in within US and Canada
- Business Class to Asia and the South Pacific: Flights to Asia and South Pacific range from 55K-105K one-way in business class (plus 5K miles for a stopover), which can be a particularly good value for awards combining Asia and the South Pacific in one itinerary.
- Business Class to Africa (with a stopover in Europe): Flights to Africa can vary between from 60K to 100K in business class based on distance (add 5K miles for a stopover within Africa or Europe).
Things to Know
- How to find awards: Search for available space at Aeroplan.com (you’ll need to create a free Aeroplan frequent flyer account to search)
- Change and cancellation fees: Fees vary from $25 for a Flex fare change to $100 for a close-in saver change and from $75-$175 for cancellations.
- Key warnings: Cancellation fees can be high, particularly for close-in travel.
- Transfer from: Amex, Capital One, Chase, Marriott