Anyone who followed our 3 Cards, 3 Continents challenge back in the fall may remember Greg’s culinary concierge Maisie. Greg showed that he could find award space for two to fly both of them around the world in luxury. This must have given Maisie a taste for business class travel, because this past week she dropped in to get some advice from Greg for a last minute trip of hers.
In this video you’ll watch the steps Greg takes to review all the reward options based on Maisie’s travel constraints and points on hand. You’ll watch him search for rewards with Roame.travel, Point.me, and Award Logic. With these three tools, (and even Google Flights), he got a good idea about what was available and how many transferrable points Maisie would need to book them.
In this case, he worked with the following constraints to help Maisie out:
- She wanted to fly from Detroit to Lisbon
- She didn’t want more than one connection.
- She wanted something comfortable (better than the $1,100, multi-connection economy flight she found on her own)
- She needed something with a reasonable cancellation fee, since her schedule was up in the air.
- She wanted to fly within 2 days.
Watch the video to see what Greg was able to find for her, (and a few tempting options that didn’t quite fit the bill). As you’ll see, the steps are actually fairly simple, but it does require a good bit of research before the final decision is made.