A member of our Frequent Miler Insiders reported an Amex Offer this morning that is good for $60 back when you spend $300 or more. This offer appears to be highly targeted as I unfortunately didn’t find it on the cards in my household, but it’s a great deal for those mattress running Hyatt and likely tips the balance even further toward a paid stay rather than an award stay.
- There’s a new targeted Amex Offer out that’s good for $60 back at Hyatt Hotels & Resorts when you spend $300 or more
- Enrollment limited.
- Expires 3/15/21
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid at all participating Hyatt hotels and resorts in the US and U.S. territories, including those under the brands Park Hyatt, Miraval, Grand Hyatt, Hyatt Regency, Hyatt, Andaz, Thompson Hotels, Hyatt Centric, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt, Hyatt Place, Hyatt House, Destination Hotels, Joie de Vivre, Caption by Hyatt or Alila.
- Reservations must be made directly via Hyatt.com, the World of Hyatt mobile app, the hotel directly or a Hyatt call center.
- Excludes the Galleria Park Hotel San Francisco, gift card purchases, World of Hyatt point purchases, bookings made through Hyatt Travel, Hyatt vacations, or MGM.
- Offer not valid on Exhale Spa, Hyatt Residence Club and Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
This is an awesome offer if you have it given that Hyatt is currently offering triple points at most hotels (and quadruple at some resorts for credit card holders) and double elite night credit provided that you register for the promotion by today. In many ways, there has never been a better time to pay for a Hyatt stay, so getting $60 back sounds awesome. Remember that if you’re having difficulty deciding whether to use points or cash to book your Hyatt mattress run, you can see this post for help: Hyatt cash or points? Which should you book? Now with video instructions.
Do note that this is only valid at properties in the US and US Territories and excludes MGM, the Galleria Park Hotel in San Francisco, and stays booked through Hyatt Travel. I assume that last part would theoretically mean that stays booked through Hyatt Prive would be ineligible, but I can’t see how that would be enforced since your card would be charged by the front desk. Obviously booking through third parties like Hotels.com or Expedia will not trigger the offer.
As mentioned at the top, I didn’t find this offer on any of my cards. Both Greg and the reader who reported it in our Facebook group said that they found it on an Amex Gold card. Happy hunting!