In addition to the Marriott Amex Offer giving $200 back when spending $500+ on certain luxury properties, there’s another Amex offer giving 20% back on up to $250 of spend. Both are only valid for properties in the US, Caribbean, Canada and Mexico, but this new version excludes the high-end brands covered the by other one (Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, EDITION, Luxury Collection, W, JW Marriott)
My wife and I only found this offer on business cards, so it might be targeted on that side only.
- Get 20% back at on room rate & room charges at Marriott properties with a targeted Amex Offer.
- Maximum $50 back
- Expires 12/15/23
- Enrollment required
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express® Business Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on room rate and room charges at participating Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Excludes The Ritz-Carlton®, St. Regis®, EDITION®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott®, Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels by Marriott®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy®, and Vistana™.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Limit of $50 in total statement credits per Card Member.
- You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/15/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled.
Although the maximum statement credit from this Amex Offer isn’t as high as the one giving $200 back, in many ways it’s superior.
That’s because you get 20% back no matter how much you spend, whereas the other offer requires that you spend $500+ in order to earn the $200 statement credit. With this 20% offer, you could book a cheap one night stay somewhere and still get 20% back. This offer can also be used at a much wider array of properties as opposed to the luxury brands specified by the $200 offer.
The exclusions specifically exclude gift cards but, in practice, it’s usually possible to trigger it by buying a gift card from the front desk of an actual hotel (if you can find one that sells them).
Note that this particular offer may only be available on business cards, while the $500/$200 offer seems to appear on personal cards as well.