|Sorry, this deal is no longer available. Do you want to be alerted about new deals as they’re published? Click here to subscribe to Frequent Miler's Instant Posts by email.|
The Point Debit Card is out with a new referral offer: refer 5 friends to the Point Card before 11/26/21 and you’ll get a free Rimowa bag of your choice (up to $1,000) when each friend spends $200 before 12/5/21. Each friend you refer gets a “free year” in the form of $99 in points when they spend $200 before 12/5/21. This actually looks like it could be a pretty exciting deal for those who can refer friends.
- The Point Debit Card is offering a new referral deal. Each friend you refer by 11/26/21 gets $99 in points when they spend $200 by 12/5/21 (note that the card’s $99 annual fee is billed on their first deposit, so this makes the card a “net free” for them for the first year). If you get 5 friends to sign up by 11/26/21 who each spend $200 or more on the card by 12/5/21, you will get the Rimowa bag of your choice (by getting up to $1,000 back in points for a Rimowa purchase)
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card
If you’re new to the Point Debit Card, note that the annual fee is now $99. That gets billed on your first deposit, but as noted above if you sign up by 11/26/21, you’ll get $99 in points if you spend $200 on the card by 12/5/21.
If you want to try it out, feel free to use one of our referral links / codes:
For those referring new customers and hoping to earn a Rimowa bag:
- Point will credit your account with points equal to a settled transaction at Rimowa before 12/17/2021 using your Point Card (up to $1000), provided you (A) refer five (5) new users to Point Card who are approved for accounts after 1:30PM PST 11/12/2021 and before 11:59PM PST 11/26/2021 (each a “Referred User”), and (B) each Referred User spends at least $200 before 11:59PM PST 12/5/2021.
- Points may take 4–6 weeks to appear in your account.
- Referred Users must not have previously held a Point account.
- Each Referred User will also receive 9900 points upon meeting their spend requirement under these terms.
- If the transaction at Rimowa is refunded or reversed, Point may withdraw or not grant the points associated with this offer.
- All spend by Referred Users must settle and not be the subject of refunds or returns to be eligible.
- The value of this offer or program may result in miscellaneous income received from Point. You are responsible for any tax liability related to participating in the offer/program. Please consult your personal tax advisor if you have any questions about how this could affect your taxes.
- This offer is subject to change and may be cancelled at any time without notice.
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, the account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- Your earned points will appear in your app.
- Any points granted under this offer may be withdrawn if you are suspected of engaging in bad faith efforts to earn rewards.
- Link to full terms
This looks like a very interesting deal given that the Point Debit Card keeps coming out with valuable spending offers and I don’t see that changing with the holiday shopping season coming up.
For those referring someone, the deal terms indicate that the way this works is that Point will credit your account with points equal to a settled transaction at Rimowa before 12/17/2021 using your Point Card (up to $1000) if you meet the referral conditions. That’s pretty awesome. It isn’t clear to me though whether or not you’ll know that you’ve reached the 5 required referrals, so I guess this deal will best be done by referring people who you know. The downside of this offer is that if you refer more than 5 people, I don’t think you’ll get anything additional. And if you post your link on Facebook or Twitter or something, I don’t think you’ll have a way to know whether or not 5 people signed up. On the other hand, this could certainly make for good conversation at the Thanksgiving dinner table.
For those unfamiliar with Point, it may seem odd to have a debit card with an annual fee (even if they rebate it after the $200 spend), but it has been a great deal thus far. Keep in mind that Point Debit Card points are worth 1c each, so 10x is like 10% back. The card ordinarily earns 1x / 1% back on most purchases, which is already a great deal for a debit card. But it gets better. So far just since I signed up (and I’ll note that I was a late adopter), Point has run:
- Point Debit Card: Earn 15x On Nike Purchases, Stack With Portal Cashback (currently on)
- 10x / 10% back at Target via Point Debit Card (max $50 back) (currently on)
- Point debit card: $30 back on $200 with 5-day streak (this deal has repeated once a month in July, August, September, and October and has represented an easy $60 win in two-player mode each time)
- (EXPIRED) 10% back at Airbnb and Hotel Tonight with Point Debit Card (up to $50)
- (EXPIRED) 10x at coffee shops through 10/3 with Point Debit Card
- Point Debit Card: Earn 15x On Uber Eats Purchases (Ends 10/3/21)
- (EXPIRED) Point Debit Card: Earn 15x On DoorDash Purchases (Ends 9/12/21)
- (EXPIRED) 10% back at Target up to $50 back on $500 with Point Debit Card
- (EXPIRED) 15% back on food delivery apps with Point debit card
- 10x on Tesla Superchargers up to 2500 points with Point Debit Card (still valid in my app)
- (EXPIRED) 10% back at Amazon (up to $50 back on $500) with Point Debit Card
- Ongoing returns like 5x at Amazon, Costco, Best Buy, Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Etsy, and a lot more (and temporary returns like the current 20x on HBO subscriptions). Note that there are periodic limitations on all of these deals.
And they recently added rideshare and missed event ticket protection, which I wrote about here.
The Point Debit Card was previously offering $100 in points for each person you refer after they spend $1,000 in the first 30 days and each friend has gotten $100 in points after meeting that spending requirement.
With this new deal, the spending requirement for your friends to get a net free year is much lower — they just need to spend $200. That’s a great deal for the person signing up. Point has continuously run fantastic deals over the past several months and I imagine they aren’t planning to slow down as the holiday shopping season kicks in. Getting it net free with a low spend threshold is pretty nice.
Note that I’m saying “net free” because Point will still bill the $99 annual fee after your friend makes their first deposit. Then, after they spend $200, they will get $99 in points (which they could instantly redeem for $99 cash in their account). So your friend will need to deposit at least $299 to meet their end of the deal — $99 to cover the fee and $200 to spend.
Personally, I’m excited because I know I wouldn’t ordinarily splurge on a Rimowa bag but I think I can probably find 5 people interested in trying out Point, especially with this new lower spending threshold. Now off to daydream at the Rimowa website for a few . . .